Looking for artists!

Mother Mystic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Mother Mystic said:

Hello! I am offering the ground level of my parcel (2084 x 656prims) to an artist/artists at no cost. My only requirement is for the artist to provide a tasteful, quality installation. If you need help with that, I can assist with building and landscaping items. (SL: Mother Mystic)

It would help if you define tasteful.

I personally built my previous art galleries in the style of art deco, posthumanism, alt industrial and neo noir. But I feel like art is something extremely personal and one definition cannot cover everyone's preference. Ideally I would love to see something similar to Bryn Oh's exhibits or those of Mistero Hifeng. But I am happy to connect with you inworld and see your works if you'd like ^^

Not to burst your bubble but most of us artists either already have our own gallery, or are already installed in someone else's gallery space.

It seems weirdly hard to attract artists these days, as I've had two free vacant shops next to my gallery on a nicely decorated sim for months without any other artist (or even haute couture clothing or jewellery designer) showing any interest at all in the spaces. I've also put out calls for semi-regular art exhibitions and I think the response has been fewer artists than I have digits on one hand. No idea why, but good luck!

Last nice artists colony where there was decent traffic I've seen was Owl's amazing build.

?

If we're talking sculpture, 3D installation pieces etc, sure, those are LI hogs, but paintings are 1-2 LI each.

Then, add a spacious neutral building for another 100+, nice landscaping for 150, a bit of terrain-specific work like retaining walls, and you have more than enough on 656 for a great gallery space with 100 works of art or more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

?

If we're talking sculpture, 3D installation pieces etc, sure, those are LI hogs, but paintings are 1-2 LI each.

Then, add a spacious neutral building for another 100+, nice landscaping for 150, a bit of terrain-specific work like retaining walls, and you have more than enough on 656 for a great gallery space with 100 works of art or more.

"Ideally I would love to see something similar to Bryn Oh's exhibits or those of Mistero Hifeng."

I believe she's looking for full sim-style art installations. Bryn Oh and Mistero Hifeng did/do some pretty large-scale sculptures and sim designs.

Cammino & Vivo Capovolto ☆ Mistero Hifeng

21 hours ago, Mother Mystic said:

I personally built my previous art galleries in the style of art deco, posthumanism, alt industrial and neo noir. But I feel like art is something extremely personal and one definition cannot cover everyone's preference. Ideally I would love to see something similar to Bryn Oh's exhibits or those of Mistero Hifeng. But I am happy to connect with you inworld and see your works if you'd like ^^

I am not an inworld artist, was just asking for clarification for others who are and might be interested.

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

"Ideally I would love to see something similar to Bryn Oh's exhibits or those of Mistero Hifeng."

I believe she's looking for full sim-style art installations. Bryn Oh and Mistero Hifeng did/do some pretty large-scale sculptures and sim designs.

Cammino & Vivo Capovolto ☆ Mistero Hifeng

I'm not looking FOR that type, I was using that type to describe what, in my opinion would de tasteful :) just an example, nothing more. i used to be a gallery owner and when i started out, land was simply offered to me. i thought it would be nice to do the same for somebody else ^^ that's all

Edited by Mother Mystic
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mother Mystic said:

I'm not looking FOR that type, I was using that type to describe what, in my opinion would de tasteful :) just an example, nothing more. i used to be a gallery owner and when i started out, land was simply offered to me. i thought it would be nice to do the same for somebody else ^^ that's all

That's a really nice gesture! I hope you're able to find someone who can make good use of your land.

Don't hire me, though. I could spend up 600 of your prims just designing you an elaborate kitchen. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my first art patron offered only 150 prims :) but that tiny little skybox was what essentially kickstarted my love for virtual art years ago. what i did not mention is that the rest of my sim is just filled with my own personal stuff i can remove if needed ♥

Edited by Mother Mystic
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.