Second Life on Mastodon

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

I like that we're here on a forum sharing contact info for another forum.

Says a lot about SL.

Not really. SL was never supposed to be the be all and end all of everything, It will always exist in an ecosystem of other platforms, social media, and tools. Those will all likely change and shift as time passes.

Greetings, 

Delighted about this opportunity to discover and connect with fellow Second Life community members who are using the Mastodon platform. Thank you, @Coffee Pancake for creating this thread! 👍🏾

🌐 You will find yours truly, SarVana Haalan [RL: Sally S. Cherry, MSL(ASCP)] at:  @CherryNetwork.mastodon.social.

URL: https://mastodon.social/@CherryNetwork

Hope that other SL residents will join our growing community on the Mastodon platform. 

PS: I used the following hashtags to find and connect with my SL "peeps"...

#3D #VirtualWorlds #SecondLife #3dVirtualWorlds #Metaverse #SL  #NonprofitCommons

thumb_sl_image(1).png.be24c9421929c3c06e910e0437108f87.png

Edited by Sarvana Haalan

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And because Twitter is not long for this world, due to the Chief Twit making up new rules all the time (but it's Free Speech, yeah. That's what it is.)

Anyway, I don't tweet or truth so I probably won't toot either.

Ironically, I heard a news story that the Chief Twit made a rule about posting links to other platforms, so you can't Tweet a Toot.

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And because Twitter is not long for this world, due to the Chief Twit making up new rules all the time (but it's Free Speech, yeah. That's what it is.)

Anyway, I don't tweet or truth so I probably won't toot either.

From what I hear, women don't.."toot".

If you get it, you get it.

3C63A3F2-6B2E-4221-855D-2DA3CD83BB04.jpeg.6b75c6df8b74f76a8c84823ea92512cb.jpeg

While I tend to eschew most social media, and the SL Forum WAS (so, so past tense) my main form of social interaction online besides a small blogging community, and while I agree with @Rowan Amore that I can't see me using Mastodon, I do thank you for posting this, Coffee.

The Forums need more main subject "where else you can go"to talk about Second Life that isn't this place?" posts, rather than have individual comments randomly tucked into other topics. Considering that LL's recent-ish actions have been to drive a lot of people away here, perhaps they are just unaware of that. Perhaps a few 2x4s to the collective noggins would benefit them as a company, by realizing that, "Hm, there appears to be a growing interest and need in leaving our own platform! Wonder why?" Nah. Sometimes folks can be just as clueless as Elon.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Are these Mastodon Light?

Mimmoths!

pic77429.jpg

Reminds me of the "3 Blind Men and an Elephant" story. 

In that vein, anyone who comments negatively on Mammoth without trying it themselves, is like one of those blind men!

"An elephant is like a tree!" "No, an elephant is like a snake!" etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.