Broken Item - cannot be detached

SecondKyle1488304107

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a broken object in my Right Hand slot that cannot be detached or used properly. I was ejected from a property while I was using the item, and that may or may not be the reason for the bug, but whatever the case, I am now stuck with the item in my hand. How can I get rid of it? I don't even care if I lose the item at this point. I just want to free up my hand slot in any way possible.

-- Solved - the problem went away on its own. I don't know why, but the broken object vanished after much heartache. Thanks everyone! --

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Did you try typing the word Worn into inventory and removing the item from there?

Objects stuck on Avatars is not my specialty, hopefully other Forum Residents will jump in.

In the advanced or debug menu is dump all attachments, not sure what that does, maybe you should hang on for a few minutes for more replies.

• Like 1

Ok SecondKyle, I will offer a few suggestions, please forgive me if they sound obvious or if you have already tried them, k?

Open your My appearance tab, open the Wearing tab, right click on any and all attachments you see there and choose detach for each one.

Right click directly on the item in your hand and choose detach.

Drag a folder from your library like Boy Next Door directly onto your avatar.

Go to Me > Preferences > Setup > Reset then logout and log back in.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.