Unwanted visual effects on a prim as scripts execute.

Frankie Rockett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

A quickie this I suspect. We all know the strange swirling 'snow' around an object with an executing script in it but I wonder if there's any way to suppress it / remove it entirely? I am preparing a kind of show in which I'd like certain prims to fade from transparent to visible (and back), but the smooth fades are rather ruined by snowstorms as it happens - see attached illustration for added clarity:

I hope this isn't an effect that can only be controlled the viewer :( Here's hoping it's scriptable.

I didn't really want a White Christmas; can anyone help clear the drive?

Thank you!

screenshot.1.jpg

Edited by Frankie Rockett
Adding some tags.

If I remember correctly (and I might well be wrong, but with that said), the swirls appear when an object is 'talking'. It's away of identifying that action from an object.  Only people who can "hear" the object will see the particles.  So, I guess the followup question is: are the objects communicating in the open in anyway? Also, , if they are talking only to "you"b then others might not be seeing that.

The object's talking particle swirl cannot be completely suppressed: if you can see/hear the text directly, then you will see the particles. With the one exception being HUD attachments.

Having said that, you could make the rezzed object speak on a non-zero channel and have a HUD attachment listen for that. It would then repeat the heard message to the owner.

Alternatively, a much simpler approach would be to simply offset the speaking prim so it's out of sight. Make whichever prim has the script in it be lowered below the ground/floor. The particles only rise so high, so it is a simple matter to keep them hidden if the scenery is cooperative.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.