A question about premium

TharaXui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone!

I have been on SL for awhile and I feel like its finally time to consider getting premium and some land, but I have a question about the 1024m land that you get with premium, how exactly does this work? Ive tried to search and figure it out on my own but I cant figure it out.. My main concern is how many prims is included? I have a skybox and if I could just get some land with premium to live in my skybox I'd be happy but I dont know if this is how it works? I know its on the mainland but is it also required that you choose one of their pre-built houses too?

Thank you!

• Like 1

So, when you're a premium member, your 1024 "free" land allotment can either be used to own a linden home on belliseria, OR you can use that tier to own up to 1024 meters of non-belliseria mainland. If you get both you would have to pay an extra monthly fee.

In either case, 1024 meters of land only gives you 351 prims (unless you buy double prim mainland which is very expensive). In beliseria that doesn't include the prims for the house LL provides. Prim allowance scales linearly with meters of land, slightly more than 5 prims per 16 square meters.

The only way to get a linden home is through LL: https://secondlife.com/land/lindenhomes/index.php

For mainland, there are a few different ways to get a plot of land:

• you can buy one through direct sale from another resident, either by asking someone who has land for sale, or directly buying a piece of land that is set for sale (you can see parcels for sale on the world map)
  • You can bid on land through an LL auction: https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0
  • You can file a support ticket asking LL to sell you any piece of abandoned land (land that is marked as abandoned and owned by "governor linden") and LL will more often than not sell you the land at 1L$ per metre.
Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll also add to @Quistess Alpha's amazing answer that land prices — if you're buying from another resident — vary wildly based on a few main characteristics. Water access to one of the large bodies of water is the primary driver of high land values, as are lots that offer "double prims" (that is 703 prims on 1024) for example. You'll be able to find 1024 lots going for 1024L all the way up to tens of thousands of Lindens, depending on location.

If you are seeking water access that will let you sail onto the larger water bodies make 100% sure that what looks like open access through canals or open water plots actually is open by visiting and slowly flying along the route to check for ban lines. Even if it is open, it doesn't mean it will always be.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:40 PM, TharaXui said:

Wow awesome!!

Thank you so much for the answer I really appreciate the clarification! I understand now and will go from here :) Have a great day and thanks again!

If you pick the Bellisseria home option, you do not have to buy land. If you want to use a skybox, you can use the skybox and let the house stand empty. You will need to put the skybox at least 2000 m up.

So it is no added cost, and no strange shaped land. Some mainland plots have odd shapes. It is mainly 32 x 32 m plots in Bellisseria. Very practical.

There are exceptions, like the 16 x 64 m for houseboats, and the small 512 m plots for a few styles that offer small homes. 

Some themes is popular and hard to get. Let is say you look for a Stilt home on water. You will have to check and refresh the land page for days. Maybe have an auto-refresh set up to alert when a "stilt" appear.

But if you just want a parcel for the skybox, you can pick any theme as long as it is the shape and size you need. It is always one to select.

If you will see how it is in Bellisseria, you can drive, fly or sail around, without living there. All roads are open for public. If you open your map, and teleport from place to place, and you see it is marked as "Protected Land" you will not land in anyones garden.

A place to start is in "Old Bellisseria" at the Lighthouse in Cedarburg. This place also has a rez zone where you can rez your own boat if you wish. Second Life Maps | Cedarburg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 10:16 PM, Marianne Little said:

If you pick the Bellisseria home option, you do not have to buy land. If you want to use a skybox, you can use the skybox and let the house stand empty. You will need to put the skybox at least 2000 m up.

So it is no added cost, and no strange shaped land. Some mainland plots have odd shapes. It is mainly 32 x 32 m plots in Bellisseria. Very practical.

There are exceptions, like the 16 x 64 m for houseboats, and the small 512 m plots for a few styles that offer small homes. 

Some themes is popular and hard to get. Let is say you look for a Stilt home on water. You will have to check and refresh the land page for days. Maybe have an auto-refresh set up to alert when a "stilt" appear.

But if you just want a parcel for the skybox, you can pick any theme as long as it is the shape and size you need. It is always one to select.

Bellisseria is the place I would choose for a skybox as its free (and a quite nice community as a bonus ❤️)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.