Nimble Feature...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few viewers, Phoenix and Singularity to name a few, have a feature called Nimble.  I know this feature allows you to jump quicker and removes hard landings, but I expect that there is more to this than just that.  However, I cannot find this feature documented anywhere.  Does anyone out there have a full understanding of the feature, what it does and how it works?  Anything would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dillon

It seems to do more.  It allows people to jump and then jump again instantly with no pause.  Also if you time this right it can cause your avatar to jump in excess of 15 to 20 meters.  Additionally, people with the feature on seem to be able to run a little faster than those who do not even though no appreciable increase can be detected using the over speed detection scripts. Simply removing animations could not lead to these issues. Any devs around that might be able to tell us how this works under the hood and explain the super jumps etc?

• 11 months later...

Yeah thats what I am talking about pretty much only some modified viewers I have seen with the feature, I know that the viewers the Phoenix development team makes doesn't have it. As Second Life is open sourced people are always making modifications to their viewers, and I found out about this feature quite awhile ago. For example if I were to fall from 500 meters I would be able to jump instantly with it turned on no delay, no Hard Landings reguardless of AO either just instant jumps.

This is why I figured it would be somewhere in the advanced menu or debug settings because I know some viewers give the privacy settings for example now, but I know you can also disable CamLook for example in the advanced menu, so I was thinking maybe disabling these landing animations and fixing the client to ignore hard landings for example would also be in there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is something i know quite alot about, because of the nature of what i do in sl i use this feature quite alot, i have found it on most of the frequently used viewers excluding official SL viewer, Phoenix is Advanced-Debug Settings-PhoenixIgnoreFinishAnimation set to TRUE default is FALSE meaning there's a delay when you land, Firestorm is same route just FSIgnoreFinishAnimation Singularity is same route and type Nimble set to TRUE or using the drop down at the top of the screen and select Nimble inside the one named Singularity. Stopping this delay because of these events will enable you to from whatever height be able to keep moving when you hit the ground, there is no "splat animation" which you get from high landings and no delay, the jumping is true also it is possible to double jump. I hope you find this usefull :)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.