Can’t deed land to group

Fae Waifu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi hi.

Yesterday I purchased a 4096 sqm piece of mainland and it is not letting me deed it to my group. I don’t recall the exact error but it says I do not have enough assets. 
So I am a premium plus user, so I have 2048 sqm I can use and my friend donated 2x 1024 sqm with her two accounts. It won’t let me donate my sqm to the group. Nothing is happening. If someone could help me out what I am doing wrong, it would be appreciated.

Just to be sure, there are two steps necessary to deed land to group

1. sufficient tier needs to be donated to the group, and 
  2. the land must be deeded to group.

I'm guessing the complication here may be that you already bought the land, so your tier is probably already spent covering this land owned as an individual, so you won't be able to do step 1 separately first. Fortunately, there's a way around that, in the About Land details: you can check the "Owner makes contribution with deed" box (see below), so the system will do step 1 for you, in the process of doing step 2. 

image.png.7a5ffc7e4dfac7b85c346e019e21e628.png

If this is all irrelevant or redundant with what you've already tried, sorry; it was just a hunch.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MzLooni said:

I purchased a 4096 sqm piece of mainland and it is not letting me deed it to my group. I don’t recall the exact error but it says I do not have enough assets. 
So I am a premium plus user, so I have 2048 sqm I can use and my friend donated 2x 1024 sqm with her two accounts.

If this is correct, 3 avis are buying a single 4096 parcel. The only way I know to do that is if the original poster creates/has a land group, all the avis donate their tier to that group, so the group has 4096 plus the group bonus. Then the original poster then buys the 4096 parcel using the "Buy for Group" button. All should be well at this point. The land is already owned by the group.

It could be that the original poster cannot donate to group because the tier is already donated to the group. Support can sort this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Just to be sure, there are two steps necessary to deed land to group

1. sufficient tier needs to be donated to the group, and 
  2. the land must be deeded to group.

I'm guessing the complication here may be that you already bought the land, so your tier is probably already spent covering this land owned as an individual, so you won't be able to do step 1 separately first. Fortunately, there's a way around that, in the About Land details: you can check the "Owner makes contribution with deed" box (see below), so the system will do step 1 for you, in the process of doing step 2. 

image.png.7a5ffc7e4dfac7b85c346e019e21e628.png

If this is all irrelevant or redundant with what you've already tried, sorry; it was just a hunch.

I have always asked someone to loan me tier to do that in the past.  That is clever l have learnt something new.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MzLooni said:

Now I was wondering, why is it still showing that I have to pay 13$ a month?

because you owned the parcel personally.

Even owning it on your account for one second, you'll pay the tier for the whole month.
Ánd check if you'r not thrown in a higher tier level. Set it down manually !

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

Oh. What it did was to make enough contribution to the group to cover the entire 4096 m² being deeded, ignoring any other contributions the group already had, so now you'll want to claw some back. 

If the arithmetic looks exotic, it's because group land gets a 10% tier "bonus", so to cover 4096 m² of group-deeded land, the group only needs 3724 m² of contributed tier, which is the amount it took from you. (110% of 3724 is about 4096.) So at the moment, the group has oodles of spare tier, and you have some leftover individual tier (372 m²) that amounts to that 10% bonus not needed to cover the 4096. 

Anyway, you'll want to

1. go into the group's Land tab and reduce your contribution to 2048 (at most; that will still leave a bunch of group bonus tier there, but it's between you and your friend how you want to handle that group bonus), being sure to press "Save" and checking that it all took effect, and then
  2. go into your Land Use Fees dashboard and choose the radio button for $0.00 tier. As Alwin said, it's a good idea to do this manually although it's supposed to take effect automatically at the next billing cycle; as he said, you're stuck with paying the extra for this one month. (Well, you could call billing support and beg for mercy which might work, but it seems unlikely, and maybe not really worth the time.)

Now, the way to avoid all this from the start would have been[*] to collect all the tier contributions into the group first, before buying any land, and then set your active group to the one to whom the land should be deeded, and then use the handy "Buy for Group" button on the parcel's About Land page (instead of the normal "Buy" button). But hey, you got the ideal 4096 before anybody else could snarf it out from under you, so it was worth it!!

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MzLooni said:

I went to the fees dashboard, but I can't tick any lower fee box at the moment.

That's disappointing. It seems you're going to need to contact Support after all; I'm just not seeing what should keep you from getting back down to $0 tier now.

(I'm almost wondering if there could be some logical "sneak path" bug in Premium Plus tier accounting.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to remove the person who shared her Tier with me but now I see this, how can I fix this?

https://gyazo.com/ba19fa110d75746df800243eb46e6d36

Someone mentioned this in this topic, but I can't adjust my tier ...

the arithmetic looks exotic, it's because group land gets a 10% tier "bonus", so to cover 4096 m² of group-deeded land, the group only needs 3724 m² of contributed tier, which is the amount it took from you. (110% of 3724 is about 4096.) So at the moment, the group has oodles of spare tier, and you have some leftover individual tier (372 m²) that amounts to that 10% bonus not needed to cover the 4096. 

From that screenshot, the Group land "Total contribution" of 2253 m² includes the 10% group bonus on "Your contribution" of 2048 m², so there's no mystery there.

But are you still paying $13/month tier (in addition to your Premium Plus membership)? If so, you really should have a total of 4096 to contribute to the group, unless you have other land commitments such as some individually-owned land and/or maybe a Linden Home that reduces the amount available to contribute to this group.

If you're not paying that $13/month anymore, then either the group must reduce the amount of land it owns (to no more than 2253 m²), or you need to somehow increase the amount of tier contributed to the group, either by paying more tier yourself, "renting" tier from somewhere (probably not cost-effective for the whole amount), making a couple Premium alts, finding other Premium group members with spare tier, or some combination of those.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.