Friends who cannot be found in SL search or active groups

Victori Levenque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I kind of more or less think I know what is happening.  But I still think it is baffling and I just want to hear what's your views.

It means that the persons have cancelled his or her account right?  I have such friends who are still on friend's list, groups are still present on their profiles but they can no longer be found in SL search or the same groups that we are in.

A sad thing to learn, especially if they were your close friends. Happened to anyone before? :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Victori Levenque wrote:

I kind of more or less think I know what is happening.  But I still think it is baffling and I just want to hear what's your views.

It means that the persons have cancelled his or her account right?  I have such friends who are still on friend's list, groups are still present on their profiles but they can no longer be found in SL search or the same groups that we are in.

A sad thing to learn, especially if they were your close friends. Happened to anyone before? :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Yes. It happens often, unfortunately, that for one reason or another people leave or have their accounts deleted, or they trash one account and recreate a new one, leaving their friends and associates wondering where they disappeared to. If they are not to be found on the inworld search lists, or in groups that are listed on their profiles that you are also joined to, then they are gone.  Occasionally, though, people do regret ending their Second Life, and they do reappear again after paying 9.95USD to LL to reactivate their account.  You can sometimes find out what happened to them if they have kept a blog (google is your friend!)

Although you may not find them on the inworld search lists, if you have a calling card in your inventory, an object created by them, or their name remains on your friend list, you can always view their profile.

And to anyone who wondered if they imagined their friend ever existed, profiles can be viewed at this website:

http://obijan.com/av/Marigold+Devin     (of course, substitute my name for their name when you search!)

they may have been put on administrative hold for missing payment issues. i have a friend who experienced this a little while ago and they were blocked for a good month, gone from search and groups, but still on my list etc. they came back safe and sound but perhaps a little mad at the lab people :smileytongue:

hopefully your friend(s) will return.

I thought the same thing but a friend re-appeared.

I suspect LL has implemented a new Billing system that disables your Account if your payment is late. I think the system was suppose to start slow but it had a bug and Zapped anyone who was even a second late in billing. Just my guess

Aww bee and knowl, I certainly hope so.  I happened to know of one who will never come back cos of rl issue.  But lately a friend's disappearance is totally bewildering and unexpected.. Just kind of taken aback, like what wildcat has said.. perhaps a lil :smileyindifferent:  One can only hope and wish the best :D I felt better talking to you people...and knowing such possibilities, I still hope to trust my friend(s) and do what they need to do. :)

Wildcat, aww you are a sweetheart! Yeah I guess I am...since I still see the person and got an offline the day before this person disappeared. :o Maybe quite shocking, haha.  You're right, but it's still kind of sad and disappointing if we can't even trust people that we hope to trust though.  *hugs!*

Haha wow cool Marigold, at least I learnt something new today...

I tried that weblink that you suggested, and those friend(s) who disappeared cannot be found. So I guess it works the same way as the SL search though.

I just wonder if it's true that some residents are put on hold due to payment issues, will they even receive any offline messages after that. LOL I don't think any of the vanished friends blog.  *Cheers!*

Sometimes people lose freinds, or maybe never even had any really! Sometimes things are much more depressing, so if you can still socialize and can find more then maybe it is best to keep on thinking that the world is full of people who might need a hand or some kind of freind at some point. So, that means as one goes you now have time to find a new freind, and they also get to have a new one so you all end up enriching your lives by encountering more people and learning more about humanity as a whole. If you can make the world a better place from this, then just take the sorrow as an indicator that there is another that might feel simlar, another that might be alone and that you might have been able to help them, so get to it!

Otherwise, if you can have no other friend...I apoligise for not destroying the world so you can feel the pain still...ok, just a joke. ;P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes Victori!  This has happened to me often.  People come and go, for various reasons.  I think if there is not someone, or something at the very beginning of there SL experience, to hold them, and make it interesting, that many give up and leave.

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.