Looking for investors for a one of a kind sim

Blade Reluin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

I am looking for some investors who want to take part in a one of a kind track/riding/motorcycle sim. I have plans that will make it really unique with a certain build that will attract all kinds of people for shopping as well as entertainment and a track for motorcycle riding. If interested please message me in world.

Blade Reluin

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blade Reluin said:

I have plans that will make it really unique with a certain build that will attract all kinds of people for shopping as well as entertainment and a track for motorcycle riding.

Racing in SL is pretty much a niche thing.

There are some nice built places one could call crowded at times - 3 people racing, two chatting, 5 being AFK.
Most of them places have stores, too. They sell what the racer needs, like tire sets, engine parts, stickers, exhausts, and maybe one or two shirts with the logo stitched on. Thats it. No major famous clothes brands, no hair, no shoes, no furniture, no mesh bodies.

Entertainment is provided by hanging there, modding stuff, having fun messing around and chatting, or simply racing. Why else would one hang there?

I wish you good luck with your "one of a kind" idea and for finding an investor even more.

• Like 1

Tracks spiraling up into the sky for thousands of meters are a thing. I know of at least three track regions like that. Visit 2RAW EXTREME for an example. Track, stores, hangout area.There's also a bad-neighborhood roleplay region that has a track above.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blade Reluin said:

again, different than that.

I think its safe to say, my (our) intentions are not to belittle the ideas and visions you might have.
Its just about the few pieces of information you are willing to share, causing some question marks to pop up here and there.

-For a good pitch you should have a well expressed list of reasons why your new business idea will work (better than the existing ones)
-Build a small inworld demo (it always helps to visualize)
-If you cant turn your ideas into mesh, draw it

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 8:49 PM, Blade Reluin said:

Greetings,

I am looking for some investors who want to take part in a one of a kind track/riding/motorcycle sim. I have plans that will make it really unique with a certain build that will attract all kinds of people for shopping as well as entertainment and a track for motorcycle riding. If interested please message me in world.

Blade Reluin

There are lots of people in the Forum who are "riding" enthusiasts.  However, please be aware that your audience in the Forum is actually quite small so, you will probably need to find other ways to advertise that you are looking for investors.

Good luck!

• Like 2

On 12/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, animats said:

Tracks spiraling up into the sky for thousands of meters are a thing. I know of at least three track regions like that. Visit 2RAW EXTREME for an example. Track, stores, hangout area.There's also a bad-neighborhood roleplay region that has a track above.

Last time I checked there were over a hundred such regions. 

I am perhaps lacking in imagination but I think I have seen pretty much every possible way to do something interesting with them. My favourite place like that burnt bright for about a year or so, but eventually went along with the region owner about 10 years ago now.

Edited by Aethelwine

Your best bet is to get involved in the motorcycle community. Enjoy what is currently available and learn about the networks. You will better find people to pitch your ideas to, the networks will help build up trust. If you plan on building with mesh roads like Katy proxima's then you won't be able to transfer ownership of the roads and build to the region owner and patron. They will worry you could return the build they paid for. It has and does happen and why building up trust essential. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 5:49 PM, Blade Reluin said:

I am looking for some investors who want to take part in a one of a kind track/riding/motorcycle sim. I have plans that will make it really unique with a certain build that will attract all kinds of people for shopping as well as entertainment and a track for motorcycle riding.

Clearly just wanting to play Second Life with other people's money. Shopping and "entertainment", how novel?

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Clearly just wanting to play Second Life with other people's money. Shopping and "entertainment", how novel?

You don't know that is not something unique unless you've actually contacted him. That's a huge leap saying that he wants to play SL with other peoples money without knowing anything about it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You don't know that is not something unique unless you've actually contacted him. That's a huge leap saying that he wants to play SL with other peoples money without knowing anything about it. 

To be fair, an investor genuinely would want a return on their investment.  A region such as briefly described won't be generating income.  They are basically asking someone to partially pay so their SL (region).  Probably 99% of regions/clubs are simply money pits.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

But he's not provided any details first.  And unless someone provides a viable plan etc I daresay there's no chance of any investment

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.