Scammed Hard by [a large landowner]

Violette Elf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Right .. because as we all know business that are on US soil are legit. Take Lehman Brothers for example

I'm guessing it's probably because they are in the U.S. as well and have a better chance of taking legal action on someone in the same country as them.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm guessing it's probably because they are in the U.S. as well and have a better chance of taking legal action on someone in the same country as them.

Mhm... i bet 50 quid FBI is preparing to raid second life's cyber criminals and get the platform cleaned, at least from all those who are on "U.S soil".

2 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Mhm... i bet 50 quid FBI is preparing to raid second life's cyber criminals and get the platform cleaned, at least from all those who are on "U.S soil".

I don't think the F.B.I. get involved in civil suits. Unless  they are the ones being sued.. hehehe

So ... was out of state/away from my PC over the last week or so and thus unable to actually respond to this thread (which kept me from weighing in really). Back now.

Taking said rental service to court? Seriously? Let alone potentially Linden Lab itself?

Get over yourself.

The majority of the cases that were settled out of court here in the US concerning Second Life should have seen a Judge who should have laughed the entire case right out of the courtroom while rendering a judgement that ensures the filers are stuck with the bills.

There have been incredibly few legitimate cases of any kind.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't think we have to worry about "extreme rendition" with Linden Lab, we are lucky if our avatar gets rendered in the first place!

It's not something I worry about in SL.. I was just saying that might be why the one person said they would only deal with U.S. landlords in second life..

I'm in a linden home.. hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.