Weird screen_last captures

Incoherendt Randt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So SL tries to grab a screen shot when it closes down, it's in the folder with the chat logs, called screen_last.bmp. I'm converting to JPEG before post because BMPs are ginormous!

So this is me on my new tricked out scooter right after I hit a super laggy sim.

screen_last bike crash june 18.jpg

Post em if you got em!

O ya obligatory style card! That scooter came outta Loco Lobo, I got overconfident cause it was taking cross after cross all graceful and just HAD TO upshift too far! It handles awesome, this is so not typical!

The boots and the pants were a Devicious promo, and that is some quality leather, it snapped right back at relog and no stretches, tears or wrinkles!

Skin is from Teen Turf, nice place for skin that does not have a quarter inch of makeup! The hair between my knees came from ETD but you can't have it because she took down all the old styles and who wants used hair that's been hanging from my knees! Net glove things were at Insanya and the tank is from Popfuzz.

/me is laughing. The screen_last captured a brilliant moment there. It looks like you were well and truly killed (and deformed) on a sim edge. 

This is my latest screen_last image. I have saved some others, that amused me, but I am unable to find them in this moment. This one is dull, as it was a normal logout, after I'd just spent a short session in world playing around with the lighting presets, while coaxing my youtube television back into life.

screen_last.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! I actually had to use screen_last for the first time because right as I took a photo, my SL crashed, but thanks to you, I had that image saved! So now I am addicted to collecting screen_lasts. I had worried that I might start unintentionally setting up and posing for them, but by the time I am ready to log out, I forget about what the last will look like. So, I have a small collection now, most of the time I am shopping and photographing, but I think some of them look, pretty cool.  

What I like about them is that because they are captures as opposed to intentional shoots, there is leeway for unprofessionalism, awkward images; the sky clutter in the background, for example which otherwise I may have reduced my draw distance for.

last.jpg

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Thanks for sharing! I actually had to use screen_last for the first time because right as I took a photo, my SL crashed, but thanks to you, I had that image saved! So now I am addicted to collecting screen_lasts.
I had worried that I might start unintentionally setting up and posing for them
, but by the time I am ready to log out, I forget about what the last will look like. So, I have a small collection now, most of the time I am shopping and photographing, but I think some of them look, pretty cool.  

What I like about them is that because they are captures as opposed to intentional shoots, there is leeway for unprofessionalism, awkward images; the sky clutter in the background, for example which otherwise I may have reduced my draw distance for.

Funny you should say this... I don't necessarily pose for them but I usually try to block the shot when I sign out so that when I'm signing back in I have something pretty to look at... usually a close up of my face. I know... vanity kills and all that... lol.

Here's my current one (not quite as exciting as yours)...

screen_last_001_resized.png

...Dres

Look for a .bmp file in the directory of your chat logs:

C:\Users\[Computer Name]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\[Avatar Name]\screen_last.bmp

(Something similar on a Mac).

Its made everytime you log out and is used as a screen during your next login.

• Lindens

Unholy mother of frakness, I just had to post here to let Incoherendt know the sheer lulz I got from that first pic (compounded by looking left both at the DERP DERP eyes in your badge and Cookie Monster). Would surely make a compelling argument for wearing a helmet, if that did any good...

I'm a big fan of SLWTF pics, and while I don't have a particular weird screen_last at the moment, here's a few accidental and intentional pics I've spotted on Flickr.

Also, on Windows, if you need help finding specific files or folders, I highly recommend Everything Search Engine (yes, that's what it's called). It's so simple and sweet that it should be included with the system.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.