The push to Verlours?

Dorientje Woller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, this is more a question to those skin makers/creators who have already their own body skins and facial skins. Why, if you have your own line up, start push your costumers towards Velours for the body layers? In my opinion, those body layers/tones aren't that excellent, more unnatural then that what I use as body layers from other creators. Not to mention the lack of detail in textures of the faces and bodies. Plus the fact that you need layer upon layer with Velours to get the desired look and that's depending the body brand you are using, adding extra complexty to your avatar. Plus, to be honest, the real question is, why do you chase your costumers towards the competition,  which is in my opinion not a smart move. Besides the fact that you let your costumers run accross the grid to get the matching body tone, while you have your own gear in house.

2 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Well, this is more a question to those skin makers/creators who have already their own body skins and facial skins. Why, if you have your own line up, start push your costumers towards Velours for the body layers? In my opinion, those body layers/tones aren't that excellent, more unnatural then that what I use as body layers from other creators. Not to mention the lack of detail in textures of the faces and bodies. Plus the fact that you need layer upon layer with Velours to get the desired look and that's depending the body brand you are using, adding extra complexty to your avatar. Plus, to be honest, the real question is, why do you chase your costumers towards the competition,  which is in my opinion not a smart move. Besides the fact that you let your costumers run accross the grid to get the matching body tone, while you have your own gear in house.

Cart/horse issues. You can also look at it as those face makers looking for business from people who already have and like the Velour skins.

On 12/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Cart/horse issues. You can also look at it as those face makers looking for business from people who already have and like the Velour skins.

Below 2 pics showing what I mean. First one is the Velour one from the same skin maker as the second pic, both on the same facial shape To me, the second one, where the creator made the effort to create his/her own tones and where he/she doesn't have to rely on the whimps of a 3rd party, has more detail, more depth and a more realistic look then his/her Velours creation. Could have gone to any other skin creator, who is using the Velours tone scheme, to have the same blend look. And, strangely, why is it that in a virtual world that proclaims that we can be what we want, we all are forced to have cookie cut looks? Well, I rather spend 899 Linden to the second skin, knowing that there is a body layer for different body brands is included, then paying 799 Linden where I have to own the body layers from 3rd party. It saves me money, time and a lot of headaches.

Velours Skin.png

Pumec Skin.png

3 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

And, strangely, why is it that in a virtual world that proclaims that we can be what we want, we all are forced to have cookie cut looks? Well, I rather spend 899 Linden to the second skin, knowing that there is a body layer for different body brands is included, then paying 799 Linden where I have to own the body layers from 3rd party. It saves me money, time and a lot of headaches.

Then do it. What you're saying contradicts your statement that "we are all forced to have cookie cutter looks." Meanwhile, someone who does like the Velour look can get it and not pay L$ that they consider unnecessary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.