How old in terms of "physical age" do you think the average adult human avatar is?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think Gopi comes up with some good conversation starters.

That's beside the point.  I would like to know the purpose if any beyond that.  What are they getting from and do with the replies if anything?.  There's so many of these that it's almost like a long term study of some sort.

Added: These are fair questions to ask someone who asks all these questions themselves.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

To the OP: Why? What is the point of topics like these?  I'd really like to know.

I'm not the OP, but I answer anyway: To get a new discussion started, I guess. Just like any other thread on every forum.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 3

I have no clue how old Sid is. I don't really care either.
Sid is my representation in world, nothing more. Just like the cat that represents me as avatar picture here on the forums currently.

I'm 64 in RL, that is what counts.

Edited by Sid Nagy

19 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I'm not the OP, but I answer anyway: To get a new discussion started, I guess. Just like any other thread on every forum.

Well no, they aren't like other topics on the forums.  For starters the op rarely participates in the discussion once they have posted the topic.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

9 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'd say most adult human avis in Second Life look like they are in their early 20s....most of my human avis are supposed to be in their 20s in their backstories. I do have some older humans though.

I think most guys seem older than most gals. Not sure why (why that is, or why I think that). 

But hoo-mon avatars are weird anyway.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

That's beside the point.  I would like to know the purpose if any beyond that.  What are they getting from and do with the replies if anything?.  There's so many of these that it's almost like a long term study of some sort.

Added: These are fair questions to ask someone who asks all these questions themselves.

It's my understanding that the OP is somewhere on the autism spectrum, so I expect it's nothing more significant than being a part of their "subject of focus".   I personally hope they keep asking; the questions are always interesting.

Anyway to answer the OP's question, I think the average human female avatars are somewhere between 18 and 25 and average male avatars are maybe 28-35.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

To the OP: Why? What is the point of topics like these?  I'd really like to know.

I think the average human avi looks 30 something but I don't know why it would matter what I thought?  However, that thing where the body is 25 and the face is about 5 years old is gaining popularity in the 'what are people buying now' area on MP.  Gag me with a spoon about that.  It's the one thing in SL I really detest.  The 5 year old faces on adult bodies.  I'll stay wiff the Dinkies and Tinies of the Shire, thanks anyways about the hoomans but no thanks.

Edited by EliseAnne85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.