Terraforming practice

MaratKirilov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a place to practice terraforming that isn't my own parcel. I understand that there are such places in SL, but can't seem to find any except for Builder's Brewery, where for some reason, even though I'm wearing the group tag, I'm not able to terraform.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks!

I just tried that. Switched to "Builders Brewery" group. I get a popup "You are not allowed to terraform parcel Builders Brewery Terraforming Help Practice Area 2", but can modify the terrain just fine with the Build->Land tools. Firestorm 6.6.3.

That's new. I've practiced terraforming there before and not received that message.

I did a terraforming class once at Builders Brewery... after an introductory lecture, she had us practice. When we first started, we got that same ""You are not allowed to terraform parcel Builders Brewery Terraforming Help Practice Area".. then she adjusted the land settings and we could all practice.

That lead me to suspect that edit terrain is not always turned on at the builders brewery practice areas, but just enabled in conjunction with their classes.

• Like 2

I have to do some terraforming every once in a while. Whenever the parcel settings allow terraforming for everyone, i wont get a message.
But when terraforming is turned off, but im granted terraform rights through my group role, i can terraform but always will receive said message.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.