Just In...Land Purchases for Premium and Premium Plus

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't guess :)

if people stop their P+, the right to own a homestead is gone too.

Is this confirmed somewhere?

Is this what happens when you own a full region sim and homestead; cancelling the full region sim automatically cancels the homestead too?

2 minutes ago, Matt1318 said:

Is this confirmed somewhere?

Is this what happens when you own a full region sim and homestead; cancelling the full region sim automatically cancels the homestead too?

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/11956-homesteads-for-premium-plus/

Premium Plus members who wish to take advantage of this new benefit will need to maintain their Premium Plus account status, in good standing, for the duration of ownership of the Homestead region on their account. In the case of a downgrade to a lower subscription level, it will be necessary to cancel or transfer the Homestead to another Resident eligible for owning Homestead regions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting, I'm learning that you DON'T need a Premium account to buy a Private Region, but you DO need Premium (but must be PP+) if you want just a Homestead.

Gotta love that consistency! 

Did I get that right?

yes

and it IS consistent, because owening a homestead solely is a p+ perk. ( it's never before been possible without full region)
Owning a full region isn't

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

owening a homestead solely is a p+ perk. ( it's never before been possible without full region)
Owning a full region isn't

That part seems on the surface to be inconsistent to me. 

I was pondering last night on "why Private Region ownership does not require Premium".  Here's what I came up with:

- Premium comes with a certain amount of "Tier" (mainland area "ownership").  This "tier" benefit of Premium does not apply to Private Regions so, it makes sense to not require Private Region owners pay for a "benefit" they may not need or use.

- Private Region ownership users already pay $$$ to LL.  Making them pay more for Premium perks they may not use isn't "fair".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

so, it makes sense to not require Private Region owners pay for a "benefit" they may not need or use.

yes they , and everybody do need a p+  to own "just" a homestead.

Non premium members simply have to stick to the general rule ; first a full region after that a homestead, and they need to give up the homestead too when selling the full region.

• Like 2

Calling things "perks" when you're clearly paying for something is not a perk at all. It would be like buying a car without a drivers license to just look at it parked in the driveway. In this case buying a homestead but not having premium plus to access the sim. You just wouldn't do one without the other, it's moronic; hence not a perk but a requirement. 

-----

If it costs X amount to own a homestead then it should not matter if you have premium plus or not, things like this is what makes people dislike a lot of gaming companies that are just out for an extra dollar. 

-----

Just some insight as to why it bothers myself;

When I can rent premium gaming servers for (around) $35 a month and Linden Labs says it costs $100~ for a homestead(lets not even mention the cost of a full region & variants ) but you also need premium plus is really just distasteful on their behalf. Yes you can argue more work goes into maintenance of each sim but as far as I know most of the sims run on Amazon servers now. More than likely having nice little UI's for dev's to upload new game data, restart servers and keep things running smoothly. Very, very similar to how 'premium game servers' work and at a third of the cost.

Obviously it's not a equal comparison but I certain do not think Linden Labs is earning their money considering other aspects of the game are lacking (Eg. New content), so it does not justify this pricing structure. Providing updates so a game works smoothly is not content, providing new subscription plans or tier updates it not content, creation of more linden homes you could argue is content but certainly not "new". Really the only new thing I have heard about recently is the bento avatars and rumour of terrain texture updates for mainland which have been spoken about for years and never happened. 

Anyway bad of me to derail the thread so I'll end it there. End rant~

Edited by Matt1318
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

I have a question about the homesteads. When you put the order in for one, they ask for the coordinates of the land, how in the world are you supposed to know that? And how do you decide on them? Thanks!

On the worl map, you should see 2 numbers above the name of each region, for example,

(1000,1000)

Da Boom

(Moderate)

the first number goes up as you move east, the second goes up as you move north (and visa versa). If you don't care too much, (750~850,  825~875) seems like a fairly empty block close enough to mainland to be findable on the map without too much scrolling, yet not so close as to get moved if/when LL decides to move the continents more.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

On the worl map, you should see 2 numbers above the name of each region, for example,

the first number goes up as you move east, the second goes up as you move north (and visa versa). If you don't care too much, (750~850,  825~875) seems like a fairly empty block close enough to mainland to be findable on the map without too much scrolling, yet not so close as to get moved if/when LL decides to move the continents more.

Thank you so much Quistess, those cooodinates sounds good, I'm not picky, but this is my first time buying land from LL so it's all new to me lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.