Just In...Land Purchases for Premium and Premium Plus

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Nice offering.
But a bigger plot in SL is not on my wish list at the moment, given the inflation rates in RL.

for full sized regions it's still a little lower in costs, for full regions quite a bit.
( still ... the VAT applies)
At this moment i pay 109 euro's a month while owning it would be 125. Just around 15 difference but still yearly 180 staying in my own pocket.
(and add also the 249 premium fee to that ..not very interesting )

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I noticed that the page at the "pricing" link in the article still says you must have a full private region to buy a homestead region.

It also says that on the land page on the knowledge base too.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are a whole bunch of places that need updating.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Translation: That Premium Plus can buy a Homestead without having to own a full region "benefit" still wasn't cutting it (the cost) for many, so this will hopefully entice some.

I wouldn't surprised if this were true.  It's not an insignificant cost to take up this offer.  The fact that just a month out of giving the original offering they've discounted it like this suggests that it wasn't planned.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I noticed that the page at the "pricing" link in the article still says you must have a full private region to buy a homestead region.

To clarify, this is what is says:

Please note that in order to purchase a Homestead Region, you must either be a Premium Plus subscriber (additional information here) or own at least one Full Region.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

To clarify, this is what is says:

Please note that in order to purchase a Homestead Region, you must either be a Premium Plus subscriber (additional information here) or own at least one Full Region.

In the article, yes.  In the link for Private island pricing to which Love was referring, it says...

Homestead Regions have lower performance than Full Regions and are intended for low-density rentals, quiet residential or light commercial use. Only available to Residents who own at least one Full Region.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

In the article, yes.  In the link for Private island pricing to which Love was referring, it says...

Homestead Regions have lower performance than Full Regions and are intended for low-density rentals, quiet residential or light commercial use. Only available to Residents who own at least one Full Region.

Oh, I see.  The info is a little all over the place.  But, if someone always wanted a homestead, they should take the risk and jump at it, imo, as I think this is an offer that's only good for Dec. 1st thru the 31st.  It's a month to month deal also?  In SL, I tend to take a see how it goes approach and just do it as certain opportunities are not always going to be available. 

2 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh, I see.  The info is a little all over the place.  But, if someone always wanted a homestead, they should take the risk and jump at it, imo, as I think this is an offer that's only good for Dec. 1st thru the 31st.  It's a month to month deal also?  In SL, I tend to take a see how it goes approach and just do it as certain opportunities are not always going to be available. 

You can purchase a homestead without having to own a region IF you are premium plus. The only difference between getting one between Dec. 1st thru the 31st is you save $40. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Translation: That Premium Plus can buy a Homestead without having to own a full region "benefit" still wasn't cutting it (the overall cost) for many, so this will hopefully entice some.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. LL could keep lowering the cost for us and still totally cover their costs. I bet my bottom dollar we'll keep seeing stuff like this to try to get more people interested.

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. LL could keep lowering the cost for us and still totally cover their costs. I bet my bottom dollar we'll keep seeing stuff like this to try to get more people interested.

Sell a product for what you think you can sell it for and not just to cover costs?  Sounds like capitalism 101 to me.  I don't really think that oil companies are just covering their costs either.  If you take exception to LL doing this it seems like you would have an issue with a lot of businesses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Given the price of everything, even tho I don't pay VAT, its still a lot to shell out at the minute.

For me its..

$109 per month + PP yearly = $129.77 per month

If you are in the UK tho for example

$109 per month + 20% VAT = $147

+ PP at $20.47 per month (assumed $249 paid yearly divided by 12)

Overall cost with yearly PP = $167.47 per month

Overall cost with monthly PP = $176.99

Maybe more given I'm not sure if they charge VAT on premium membership

I get the gesture of removing the setup fee but, with inflation, energy costs and everything else, it's probably going to take a lot more to get a serious uptick in people buying a homestead on PP than removing the setup fee.

I really do think a overhaul of the current land system is in order with more options for people to choose from.

Maybe a name change and something like....

Ultimate Region Upgrade: 40k prims, 120 avatars on better hardware at a higher cost for those that want it

Ultimate Region: 30k prims with 100 avatars on current hardware

Basic Region: 10k prims, 25 avatars (replaces homesteads)

PP Region: 5k prims, 15 avatars (given for free, no setup fee, with tier price of around $29.99 plus what you pay for PP plus, only available for PP subscribers)

Personal Sandbox: 2k Prims, 5 avatars (Available on basic subscription with a $20 a month tier)

Or notions to that effect.

Now.....BRING ON THE HATERS...🤣

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.