Overriding Teleport Routing

Cain Maven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

1) Force all visitors to my region to arrive at the Landing Point. This applies even if they use old landmarks that point to a different location in the region. But:

2) Make exceptions for a small group of people, so that they can teleport directly to any point in the region via landmarks.

To this end, I have set a landing point and set the Teleport Routing option to "Landing Point". That obviously solves 1) above, but I just can't figure out how to accomplish 2).

The region/parcel is set (not deeded) to a group, so I hoped that the "Ignore landing point" Parcel Power would do the trick -- but it doesn't and I have yet to figure out what that option actually does.

I know that direct teleport to arbitrary locations works for the region owner and any Estate Managers, but those are not options in this case.

Is there a way of achieving this?

TIA,
Cain

It's been a long time since I've tried messing with TP routing, but (assuming they are wearing the group tag when they try), it may be that they actually have to click twice to get to their destination. The first time brings them into the region, and the second to their desired spot. At least, that's how I remember it, and it makes no sense but I never found a way to get around it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cain Maven said:

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

1) Force all visitors to my region to arrive at the Landing Point. This applies even if they use old landmarks that point to a different location in the region. But:

2) Make exceptions for a small group of people, so that they can teleport directly to any point in the region via landmarks.

To this end, I have set a landing point and set the Teleport Routing option to "Landing Point". That obviously solves 1) above, but I just can't figure out how to accomplish 2).

The region/parcel is set (not deeded) to a group, so I hoped that the "Ignore landing point" Parcel Power would do the trick -- but it doesn't and I have yet to figure out what that option actually does.

I know that direct teleport to arbitrary locations works for the region owner and any Estate Managers, but those are not options in this case.

Is there a way of achieving this?

TIA,
Cain

The only way to override the TP on the first attempt is if the person has their Home set there.  Otherwise, they need to wear the group tag and will still need to do the TP twice, with the second one happening while inside the region. 

The only thing that 'ignore landing point' does is allow the person to actually do the second TP and not be rerouted to the landing point.

Deeding the land will not change that behavior.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only way to override the TP on the first attempt is if the person has their Home set there.  Otherwise, they need to wear the group tag and will still need to do the TP twice, with the second one happening while inside the region. 

The only thing that 'ignore landing point' does is allow the person to actually do the second TP and not be rerouted to the landing point.

Deeding the land will not change that behavior.

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's been a long time since I've tried messing with TP routing, but (assuming they are wearing the group tag when they try), it may be that they actually have to click twice to get to their destination. The first time brings them into the region, and the second to their desired spot. At least, that's how I remember it, and it makes no sense but I never found a way to get around it.

Thanks to all who replied.

For some reason the second TP approach doesn't seem to work. The first TP takes the user to the Landing Point; trying a second TP straight away results in the error message "Teleport failed. Could not teleport closer to destination." Walking a few meters and then trying the second TP moves the user back to the Landing Point.

I tested with an alt, and it was wearing the group tag during testing. The "Ignore landing point" Parcel Power is enabled.

Just now, Cain Maven said:

Thanks to all who replied.

For some reason the second TP approach doesn't seem to work. The first TP takes the user to the Landing Point; trying a second TP straight away results in the error message "Teleport failed. Could not teleport closer to destination." Walking a few meters and then trying the second TP moves the user back to the Landing Point.

I tested with an alt, and it was wearing the group tag during testing. The "Ignore landing point" Parcel Power is enabled.

Odd - I don't have any problem with my Alts that rely on that feature.  

Maybe you do need to DEED the land to the group to allow the 'ignore' to function at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Odd - I don't have any problem with my Alts that rely on that feature.  

Maybe you do need to DEED the land to the group to allow the 'ignore' to function at all.

Unfortunately, deeding is not an option...

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You could check with LL via a Support ticket, but I do know from past experience that some of those Group 'abilities' that are associated with land only work with deeded land.

Thanks -- I'll ask the fine people over at Support what they have to say for themselves. This is way too convoluted :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.