The new SL Viewer has destroyed my best SIM items such as subsurface graphics as well as Off Sim

Greyson Roux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The new viewer has now made blurry my subsim surfaces as well as off sim mountains as well as certain hi rez textures

I disabbled all the new graphic features like depth of field etc....it is still broken..

SL, these items made SL great and not boring...You have RUINED them now - they were expensive and the developers were big

FIX IT SL

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Relax.  The viewer only affects what you see on your own computer.  It won't do anything to the files that are in world for everyone to see. We have seen several complaints about rezzing issues with the latest version of the V2 viewer, so you are not alone.  I suggest that you either reinstall a previous version of the viewer or try using a Third Party viewer, like the new Firestorm viewer that was just released this week. 

BTW, this is a resident-staffed answer service. Lindens rarely read what's posted here, and they never respond to it.  We're just residents like you.

• Like 1

Hello Greyson. If your problem is just blurry textures, you will not resolve it playing with your graphics quality neighter with your advanced graphics settings.  You will fix the problem if you clear your cache manually.

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Log out and delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

• Like 1

I did the manual cache clearing and removing all viewers and step by step like they say to do - It did not fix it - this new viewer sucks. And I say, instead of pointing fingers at the customer and saying you need to clear your cache  - we should point our fingers at SLand say you fix what you broke. I'm really tired of having to fix my computer every time they decide to upgrade viewer 2. HAVENT they heard of being backward compatible ? or does anyone really know how to write code around there? STOP screwing it up.   Like this person said..... we spend a lot of money in here to make things look good - and then someone comes along with a 'bright' idea and F888s it all up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.