Discovered how to make a rainbow in pure EEP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah, I'm sure I am not the first one to figure this out, but here it is, a rainbow made by using nothing but the EEP sliders, no additional textures or whatnot.
You bet I am proud of myself! :D

EDIT: So after a little more playing around, I've found that this ONLY works in Ultra graphics, and even then it requires shadows to be ON, even if it is just for sun and moon. If shadows are off, the rainbow does NOT appear.

image.png.88de1b292f7217109b76d8c12689df6a.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
Clarification
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You can list all the individual toggles, or you can do it the easy way and say "Ultra"
BTW shadows ARE needed. And guess what the default in Ultra is?

You dont have to take it personally, it was just a neutral comment about what you said.
The same way you have been right about shadows being mandatory, you are wrong about Ultra settings being the ultimate solution because its easier for you to type.

Ultra wont work for a lot of SL users, as a lot of them still use old and fairly outdated computers and laptops. 
Turning on Ultra also results having ambient occlusion turned on, particles get set to max along with other settings maxed out, and to make it worse, draw distance jumps from 128 to 256 meters.
So, the perfect solution would be to use both ways. Leaving it at the personal setting it always was, and just turning on ALM and shadows to be able to see the rainbow.

P.S. For anyone still wondering how to actually create a EEP rainbow instead of just looking at a selfie pic with a rainbow in the background:

cb772a6000f6e4c57969b21d5264c78c.png

• Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.