Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just to add to what LittleMe has said, the theme for the 2048 parcels has already been stated as "Ranch homes". Having googled images of those (had  no clue what that style is), they seem to be wide houses -- which kind of makes sense for a 2048 parcel, since you can't make a square parcel with 2048. The only real workable rectangular parcel size for 2048 is 64x32. Of course they could go for an "L" shaped parcel, or some other non-rectangular shape, but then they'd have to either tessellate the parcels close together or provide landscaping to stop people encroaching onto protected land to "square off" their parcel. I personally don't think packing close together or an "odd" shaped parcel would be a popular proposition, hence in my view the likeliest offering is going to be 64x32 with a wide house.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 3:20 PM, Patch Linden said:

Sorry I've been scarce for a bit.  I came down with some dreadful version of RSV, started to get better and then got hit with a really bad sinus infection.   Long story short, my holidays were spent on death's bed, enough so I didn't even post my usual round of holiday pictures.  They would be a bit untimely now to post to Flickr I suppose.  Is a shame, you never know what might have turned up in them beyond the elbow and puffer jacket picture. 

Glad to see you back well, Patch.  Besides you looked better in the off-the-shoulder than you would in a puffer jacket.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Very happy to see Patch back too. He was feeling kind of icky at the last of his Christmas processionals near the end of December. But despite voice issues, he plowed through. For anybody who has not experienced these shows, I highly recommend catching one next holiday season.

Welcome back @Patch Linden!

I'm glad to hear that the last one ended up happening. I tried to go to the middle one, which is the one that was cancelled. I second your recommendation!  The first year I attended was in the peak of COVID when so many real-life events were cancelled, so it was especially meaningful that year.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Is something...

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

I am furiously clicking my victorian mail box.

Hmmm weeeellll ...  it's a puzzlement!  I, too, am having trouble reconciling coved moldings and that door with my idea of "ranch" homes; they do seem rather Vic-like.

But Vics don't have textured ceilings,  that's not a Vic door, and besides, Vics already have "My Colors" ... there isn't THAT big a need for a new Vic model. 

/me puts her marker back in her pocket.  I have no clue!  🤠

• Like 6

But, hey moles, if you ARE doing open floorplan Vics, here's a tin ceiling in my Vic.  Just an idea!

ceiling.jpg.6ef677519fba34a490b07a9bddca95f5.jpg

You know, tho, midcentury ranch homes DID have textured ceilings just like Patch's pics.  Ours even had sand-textured walls.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

Ah, found someting

Colonial-Revival

• Large windows, often in pairs

• Grand entryway with showier portico or pediment. May include columns

• Intricate details and fanciful designs, such as on moldings or shutters

• Fireplaces with swags (yep, that fireplace has swag)

• Brick often used on the exterior

(from here https://www.thespruce.com/colonial-revival-house-5219819)

So, P+ will be happy people in a short while I guess

Edited by Tary Allen
ETA: add info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

okay so is it open plan vics or something else? I am so confused O.o

Well, IFF Patch is not pulling our legs - which is far from certain - he seems to be saying that his 2 Christmas "hint" pics refer to a new theme, not to open plan Vics.

And, it would also mean that open plan Vics ARE coming sometime.  But he is not bothering to post hints about them.

So most likely, the hint pics refer to the new 2048 theme.  Other hints that Patch has let drop have referred to the 2048 theme as being some sort of "ranch".  For what that's worth.  :)

Patch also posted a few tiny teaser shots of the new theme in Belli chat ... a door handle, a piece of exterior siding, a blurry piece of interior trim ... nothing worth deep analysis lol.

My private guess is that he was standing in SSPMUT, along with someone else, when he took those shots.  Whatever MUT means.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

I shall now use my powers of free-association to intuit the answer.

Ranch homes

Ranch dressing

Dressing rooms

Roomier plans

Open plans

Open sesame

Sesame street

Street crossing

Crossing designs 

Ok, I have intuited that there will be open plan, cross-design themes, that are roomier.

173559AC-8D2B-4940-A642-C7BFA60F466A.jpeg

• Haha 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.