Would a Claw Machine be legal if it is free? ( Question because of Gacha Ban)

Kyroxa Demonpaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! 

Some time ago I found a claw game on the marketplace where you set a price and put random transferable items in for people to play and get random items, which according the rules should be illegal as it is almost the same as gacha but with a little gameplay prior. ( I read an article that said someone was almost banned for having this claw game on their sim.)

Now my question is, would this claw machine type game be legal if you would set the price of one play to 0 Linden Dollar?

"free play" games are permitted in the skill-game policy.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_FAQ

Freeplay games, in which the sole payment required or permitted is a nominal Linden Dollar payment for the sole purpose of triggering gameplay and is immediately and automatically refunded without conditions of any kind, are not within the scope of the Skill Gaming Policy.

I.E. if you don't pay lindens (to receive a random reward), it's not a skill-game or gacha.

• Like 2

I think a claw machine would fall under the Skill Gaming Policy (which means the machine would have to be approved by Linden Lab and only exist in Skill Gaming regions).

However if there's no cost, I don't think there's any problem with any policies. There are a couple stores I know of which have had this exact thing in their stores for years.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.