Child avi definition

Sandra Palletier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since there is always a risk to have illegal activities involving children near, I'd like to know if there are any straight definition of "what is a child avi". Having a list of criterias would help in ban/report evildoers without arguing for ages about age (ha ha). Is there any ?

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Sandra.

The Wiki link in Nyll's post should give you full clarification.

As long as you take responsibility for your own activities and land, ie do not encourage sexual ageplay on your land, or participate in it elsewhere, and be a good citizen and AR anything that sits uncomfortably with you, you have nothing to worry about.  Most child avatars and those who interact with them, accept their chosen roleplay format, and do so appropriately, "evil-doers" are relatively rare.

I would never argue with anyone I thought was breaking a rule. If I found their activity or presence unacceptable on my land, I would AR, eject and ban, in that order. It is up to LL to follow up the AR after that.

Edited for careless typing - more haste, less speed *tuts*!

There is not that I have found a definitive list of citeria, only that a child avie is one who is portraying themselves as a youth.  Truth be told thats not very helpful in the gray areas for an owner of an adult sim who has to make judgements over whether the really short avie is a child or a really short woman.

I ahve heard some use a height indicator as most kid avies are under a certain height.....I also look at the boob area.....but sometimes it really jsut boils down to your best judgement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.