"Plus" Membership Doesn't Include Linden Home?

TeineGelach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think you're right.  But ... I don't think this program addresses the major barriers to more people owning mainland.  I truly do not think it's the price.

1. Finding and buying mainland is HARD.  And even once you've found it, keeping it is HARD ... tier is just weird, nothing like any RL rental payment scheme anyone has ever encountered.
  2. Much of mainland is ugly, even the land itself can be ugly, with textures so stretched they're just a blur with a couple repeating waves, that can't be fixed by the bulldozer.  And, being completely covenant-free, if you just get your feet wet with a small parcel, one's neighbors can be an endless source of teh uglies.

THIS ^^ Nika is 100% dead on.

I own a decent chunk of mainland but I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the freedoms I have there, but I HATE that people take advantage of it. I would be ok with a small covenant. Put skybox builds in the sky above 500 meters. Don't build walls over 5 meters high and no full bright freaking ugly privacy screens. Make the whole owning mainland process easier. Make mainland a place people would want to live and more people would live there.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 4

On 11/24/2022 at 1:04 AM, TeineGelach said:

I upgraded my account to the new "Plus" tier because my friend said that it included a 512 home, but I am not able to claim any of the old 512 styles nor any of the 512 Camper, Sakura, or Newbrooke on the website. From my account page, I click the orange "Get your home now" button, I select Bellisseria, Camper, and when I hit Next, it takes me to the "Choose your membership plan" page but says I already have a Plus account.

If this is intentional and LL assumes we are going to buy mainland from land barons on top pf paying for the membership, I'm going to have to request a refund. :(

Do your homework.

Look for abandoned land, LL will sell you it for 1l$ a metre.  if you use the 10% group bonus, you can get 560m.

Don't pay the stupidly ridiculous prices you see mainland selling for.

If you need help to do this, contact me inworld and I'll help you (and I won't feel a need to run to the forums boasting about it neither.)

On 11/25/2022 at 6:13 AM, AzureWaves said:

You can upgrade to PREMIUM for just a few dollars more. They'll prorate your cost. You're not stuck with the Plus plan.

To the OP @TeineGelach

To upgrade to Premium will cost you 3 1/2 PENNIES/week more.  

Plus (ripoff) is $34.79/yr after stipend.  For this you get only the "privilege" of buying overpriced mainland and 512 sqm tier (175 LI).  Expect to abandon your land and move frequently as some horrible neighbor sticks up a bright pink wall of 100 meter high rabbits to block your views.  You can still rezz a skybox high over your land and only see the other sky junk around you.  Such a deal!

Premium  is $36.60/yr after stipend.  For this you get 1024 sqm tier, and a Linden Home, or 1024 sqm mainland, and about 12 more useful Premium features, none of which you get with Plus (ripoff).

Since you already paid for a year, upgrade to Premium for less that the $1.81/year more it costs, since the year will be pro-rated.

Premium is such an overwhelmingly better deal now, that we expect LL will raise the annual price for Premium "soon".  That still won't make Plus attractive unless you just love the anarchy of mainland, and have no use for the many Premium features.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Yeah, no. if they started putting a covenant on mainland that would make me want to sell my own decent chunk of mainland.

That is the trade off I suppose. A smallish covenant makes you want to move away from Mainland and the fact there is none at all and it's basically a free for all is why so many people never step foot into owning land there. You simply can not please everyone.

• Like 3

Just now, Mercedes Avon said:

That is the trade off I suppose. A smallish covenant makes you want to move away from Mainland and the fact there is none at all and it's basically a free for all is why so many people never step foot into owning land there. You simply can not please everyone.

There are many pretty areas of mainland too so it doesn't follow that a lack of rules means you cannot have that.  It just needs more effort.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.