About the gacha policy and what is allowed

captainwonderpanties

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! 
I tried to find proper information about this other than the SL policy page about Gacha, but wasn't successful...
Ever since it was taken into action I thought Gachas as a whole was banned such as "play by chance, get a random item". 
However, now I'm getting reports from others saying it is okay as long as you have a picture displaying which items you can receive? To me, that is what a gacha is. A game of chance to win a random item stated on a list or image. 

Could someone clarify this to me please?

If you want to create a gacha vendor that's compliant with the new gacha policy, you have to display what the next three items will be. There should be no guessing from the customer, like the previous (now banned) gacha machines that only had a list of everything you could get.

All the details are here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Gacha_policy
What I explained above is also specified on that page.

Also: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/8586-policy-change-regarding-gacha/

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you want to create a gacha vendor that's compliant with the new gacha policy, you have to display what the next three items will be.

That is the 'Conveyor Belt' system (which is actually the current item and next two at minimum) but I don't think it is the only acceptable system.  My understanding is that the base requirement is that the user must be able to see EXACTLY what item they will be purchasing.  There are tons of places that have systems that are only showing the current item - and they appear to be perfectly legal. 

The difference in the systems, as far as I can tell, is that the single item vendor - not displaying any upcoming items - is on a timer and will automatically switch to a new item at some specified time interval. Whereas the Conveyor Belt system will only rotate when someone buys an item.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.