Attach object to avatar issue..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just built some shoes.. took like 3 hours to get them looking just right.. when I was done I picked them up and placed them on my avatar to get them lined up on her feet. Then I detached them and tried re attaching them and the foot part attaches to my screen instead of the avatars foot. I detached them from my screen and re attached them to the feet manually by right clicking them in inventory and choosing attach to > left foot ect, they attached fine that time so I did it again... detached the shoes and right clicked in inventory Attach and once again they attached to my screen. WTF?? I thought once you attached them to the avatar it would save the position and attach there all the time but mine isnt doing this , it keeps attaching to the screen no matter how many times I reset it to the avatars feet manually. does anyone know what is going on?

Objects are supposed to attach to the last position they were attached to.

Have you tried to go to a different region to try if the same thing happens there? If not I suggest you clear cache and relog. This seems to help a lot of things, but I don't know if it will help with this. It's worth a try, though.

- Luc -

Unless the server in your sim is wonky, as Luc suggests, I can only think of two reasons why the shoes might attach to your screen:

1. You accidentally told them to do that by selecting Attach as HUD instead of Attach As ... and selecting a body attachment point, or

2. You have a script in the shoes that is directing them to attach at a HUD point instead of a body point.

Frankly, I think both of those are improbable, but I had to mention them.  I'll be surprised if clearing cache works, but it's certainly easy to try and I like being surprised. 

Hi, do you use RLV, Cool VL, or another viewer with that code in it? Those viewers can act funny with the Wear command when RLV is enabled, you should always include the name of the attach point in the object title -- for example use "Left Shoe (left foot)" instead of only "Left Shoe". Use the same names that appear in the Attach To.. menu, following the same weird inconsistent usage for "L" vs. "Left" etc.

If you do not want to rename the shoe or can't, you can make a folder named ".(left foot)" etc., then put the shoe in there. Then RLV can pick up the attach point from the parent folder.

I don't think that viewers that use the RLVa patches have this same quirk, but you still might want to include the extra name stuff if you will be selling or giving them away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.