Body parts and clothing dont get downloaded after clear installation

aristoteles Himanez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Phoenix and the V2 viewers use a different way of structuring inventory, so it is not uncommon for your computer to get confused when you switch from one type of viewer to the other.  One quick (sort of) way to correct for the confusion is to rebuild the cached version of your inventory.  You do that by selecting Clear Cache in Preferences, logging out, and then logging back in at a nice vacant sim like Smith or Pooley.  Then open inventory and type any letter in its search field to jump start a rebuild.  It will take a little while, depending on how big you inventory is, so be patient.  When it's done, your inventory should be rebuilt and your problem should be solved, until the next time you switch viewers.  Even if you are not switching between Phoenix and V2, this often clears up appearance issues.

You can reduce the problem in the future by using a different cache location for each viewer.  You can do that by opening Preferences, going to the Internet tab, and specifying the cache location there.  If each viewer uses its own cache, there's likely to be less confusion between them.  Of course, the other bit of advice is to not change viewers more often than necessary, and to use the new Firestorm viewer instead of Phoenix.  Firestorm's inventory, I believe, is structured similar  to V2's.

2 answers to this question

Phoenix and the V2 viewers use a different way of structuring inventory, so it is not uncommon for your computer to get confused when you switch from one type of viewer to the other.  One quick (sort of) way to correct for the confusion is to rebuild the cached version of your inventory.  You do that by selecting Clear Cache in Preferences, logging out, and then logging back in at a nice vacant sim like Smith or Pooley.  Then open inventory and type any letter in its search field to jump start a rebuild.  It will take a little while, depending on how big you inventory is, so be patient.  When it's done, your inventory should be rebuilt and your problem should be solved, until the next time you switch viewers.  Even if you are not switching between Phoenix and V2, this often clears up appearance issues.

You can reduce the problem in the future by using a different cache location for each viewer.  You can do that by opening Preferences, going to the Internet tab, and specifying the cache location there.  If each viewer uses its own cache, there's likely to be less confusion between them.  Of course, the other bit of advice is to not change viewers more often than necessary, and to use the new Firestorm viewer instead of Phoenix.  Firestorm's inventory, I believe, is structured similar  to V2's.

Rolig's answer is definitely the first thing to try.

If you are still having problems with your Phoenix inventory read throught this: Lost Inventory and Missing Inventory Fix – Help

I wrote the article for those of us that use more than one viewer and switch back and forth.

Unless you are using features in Phoenix that are not yet in Firestorm (FS), you may want to change over. At first FS may seem to V2-ish. But, with a little effort (little being key) you can make your FS very much like Phoenix. There are some things like toasts that one cannot completely change, but one can get pretty close.

I like the FS Beta enough I have uninstalled Phoenix. But, I'm more of a V2 girl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.