Time of day in Second Life

Malate Banufong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This question is not referring to SL Time but to the 4 hour day and night cycles in-World. I know that some Regions set their own time cycles but for general 4 hour SL time cycles, does anyone know from when the periods run, that is, are they set against RL SL Time? I need to know when it will be day and night in-World. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Three hours of daytime and one hour of night, meaning in a real-world 24-hour day, there are six Second Life® days.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_long_is_a_Second_Life_day%3F

You can check the cycles by checking the Day/Night Cycle edito of the Default Windlight settings

More information about the Day/Night Cycle editor can be found here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Environment-editor/ta-p/700063#The_Day_Cycle_Editor

• Like 2

The synchronicity appears to change from time to time, so SL time is not linked to RL time as far as I can tell. As near as I can tell, for example, the sun went down on my sim around 7:20 a.m. SLT -- not long ago as I type this note.  That's not a nice, logical, on-the-hour time for it.  The best I can suggest is that you buy yourself a nice sundial and watch the shadow.  Check in Marketplace (I sell one myself  :smileywink: ).

This may not answer You can make it day or night as  you choose in sl.  Just go to your your environment settings and select how you wish it to appear.

At 7:46 AM - SLT it is night on my sim and on the mainland area where I have a small secondary shop but at many other locations it is now daytime.  Not sure there is a real night and day for SL.  And certainly with a population covering the RL globe there is not a inworld standard for residents for time or season

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.