Landscaping/decorating job in SL

jarjari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've heard if you have experience, you can landscape or decorate someone's parcel for lindens.

For landscaping, does that involve moving and/or leveling the terrain heights in different areas? Where do you find people looking to hire a landscaper or decorator? 

Thanks

31 minutes ago, jarjari said:

I've heard if you have experience, you can landscape or decorate someone's parcel for lindens.

For landscaping, does that involve moving and/or leveling the terrain heights in different areas? Where do you find people looking to hire a landscaper or decorator? 

Thanks

To me, landscaping is adding the trees, grass, rocks, flowers, pathways, etc.  Terraforming is moving the land itself.  Some people want one or the other and some want both.

With either landscaping or decorating a home, there are a few ways it works.  A person may already own all the elements needed or will.purchase what is needed and you place it.  Or...they use YOUR elements (furniture, landscaping) and you place them.  The first option is no added expense for you as they own all the objects.  The second would require a large investment for you or a vast array of items already in your inventory.  

There are several posts in the employment section by landscapers and decorators.  A portfolio of your work is something I'd want to see before hiring.  Flickr or website.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/492112-interior-designer-looking-for-work/#comment-2519886

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/491164-professional-landscaper-for-hire/#comment-2518726

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To me, landscaping is adding the trees, grass, rocks, flowers, pathways, etc.  Terraforming is moving the land itself.  Some people want one or the other and some want both.

With either landscaping or decorating a home, there are a few ways it works.  A person may already own all the elements needed or will.purchase what is needed and you place it.  Or...they use YOUR elements (furniture, landscaping) and you place them.  The first option is no added expense for you as they own all the objects.  The second would require a large investment for you or a vast array of items already in your inventory.  

There are several posts in the employment section by landscapers and decorators.  A portfolio of your work is something I'd want to see before hiring.  Flickr or website.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/492112-interior-designer-looking-for-work/#comment-2519886

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/491164-professional-landscaper-for-hire/#comment-2518726

Thank you for writing. :) But how do you make a portfolio if you have not been hired before? Also are there other areas you can be hired in than on the employment section in SL forums? Thanks

14 minutes ago, jarjari said:

Thank you for writing. :) But how do you make a portfolio if you have not been hired before? Also are there other areas you can be hired in than on the employment section in SL forums? Thanks

I've never been hired as a decorator but I have pictures of my various homes and parcels I've decorated/landscaped over the years.  If I were to seek a job in either of those fields, I'd put those photos in a folder for prospective clients to look through.  It's the same with avatar make overs.  You can easily use your own avatar to show various styles.  No one would hire anyone in either field.without seeing what type of work they do.  

You could check wanted section.   I do recall seeing a few people looking for decorators and landscapers but again, they want to see your work first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.