What is the best thing that linden labs has introduced or the worst thing they got rid of...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well Being less than a year old... But the Best thing that they introduced was the linden homes.
I kind-of-didn't want to join SL, due to the cost and effort of building a home (small yes, but an annoyance)
Had these thoughts (that were misguided) of the difficultly of getting land, paying for it, dealing with neighbors tall/sky objects and locating/designing the house.

Also the option of not having to pay a monthly fee.. (if you just want to live off of the clothes on your back in SL)

The best thing that Linden Lab has ever introduced was the unique ability for a resident to be able to type in a paragraph of text into a group chat box, then given time after pressing Enter to go and boil a pot of coffee, drink it, then return to the group chat to find the post has only just gone through. Which, of course, gives you enough time to think about your next post with the added benefit of raiding the fridge when you press Enter again. :P

But seriously, all kiddin aside :D The best thing that Linden Lab ever gave us is this wonderful resource called Second Life. A tool to enable us to realize our imagination and put it in a tangible form (if that's ever digitally possible) so others may enjoy the experience too.

Linden Lab gave us the canvas for us to paint our dreams upon.

Oh, and welcome to SL. 

The ban on adfarming is the worst thing that they got rid of.

The relegation of Adult content to A-rated land is a close second.

Both are forms of extreme visual blight that often ruined the look of mainland.

Adult content has a place, and can do better when around like content. But adfarms were just plain visual blight with no justification.

Though some of the violent misogynistic parts of adult content ought to be grid pulled altogether as hate speech...

Both policy shifts have improved the look and feel of SL greatly, although both have flaws and are not fully properly enforced.

Storm Clarence wrote:

paula Mellow wrote:

...due to the cost and effort of building a home (small yes, but an annoyance)

snip

Building you own home in SL is the least expensive and MOST satisfying experience one can have in SL.

This is just my opinion, of course.

I'm with Storm here.

Building your own thing in SL is seriously satisfying and a major part of what makes SL special. As well, for the explorer, most of the time its more pleasant to see a crude but loving amatuer effort over a pro-tools prefab.

If we didn't have building here, this might as well be World of Warcraft without dungeons and raiding... A somewhat pointless experience. :)

paula Mellow wrote:

Also the option of not having to pay a monthly fee.. (if you just want to live off of the clothes on your back in SL)

I don't think you meant that quite how it sounded. 

I don't pay the monthly fee, never have, but i rent two homes (one with land attached) and have considerably more than the clothes on my back.  My inventory is positively groaning.  :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.