Has anyone ever had this happen?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started working this morning. I have 8192 M^2 in land in one region. All of a sudden, I could not rez anything! The objects tab said I had over 800 prims to use, far more than enough. My guess is that my neighbors have used so many prims from the region itself that even though the meter show that I have plenty of prims to use, I still could not rez anything. You get 22,500 prims per region and those are split up between the people who buy plots of land. I am seriously considering moving. Does any of this sound familiar? I try to stay several hundred prims below my allotment.  Or could there be something else wrong? I have had plenty of trouble in the region that I am in. 

There's a lot of stuff that could be happening, but not enough detail given to know what is happening. Possibles are you were trying to rez onto a mesh, the object is a combined group of objects and some would have ended up sticking into other land areas or the object was too high in land impact. It'd help to know exactly what error messages you got when it failed. Also, if logging out and coming back a bit later solved it, as sometimes it's just a temporary technical issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

I started working this morning. I have 8192 M^2 in land in one region. All of a sudden, I could not rez anything! The objects tab said I had over 800 prims to use, far more than enough. My guess is that my neighbors have used so many prims from the region itself that even though the meter show that I have plenty of prims to use, I still could not rez anything. You get 22,500 prims per region and those are split up between the people who buy plots of land. I am seriously considering moving. Does any of this sound familiar? I try to stay several hundred prims below my allotment.  Or could there be something else wrong? I have had plenty of trouble in the region that I am in. 

what you describe only can happen on a private region with group use, otherwise every parcel/part will have their available LI(prims) dedicated and limited to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

What error did you get?

"The region is full" or "Can't rez because owner permissions do not allow" or something like that? Or something entirely different?

But yes in general it is possible to run out of prims for the region even if your own parcel is under the limit. This doesn't just apply to private estate, it can apply to mainland too, if there are several parcels owned by the same group. Take a situation like mine for instance, I have about 10k sq m of mainland all in the same region and owned by the same group. It's split into 6 parcels of varying sizes and the total combined LI allowed is about 3500. But suppose one of my tenants, who has a 1024m parcel with 351m allocated, decides to go over their limit and builds with 650 instead. The system will let them, and it comes out of the group pool. Now if everyone else decides to go up to, but not exceed their own limit, whoever goes last will lose out, because there won't be enough in the group pool, it will be 300 short.  YOU may have plenty but the GROUP does not, so you will get the "region is full" error. The only solution is to remove objects from the parcel that's gone over its limit.

However if you got the "can't rez because permissions don't allow" or something like that, even though you know you have the right group permissions etc - that's a bug with certain mesh objects. The solution here is to rez outside the house, on Linden ground terrain or on a flat, non-mesh prim.

46 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what you describe only can happen on a private region with group use, otherwise every parcel/part will have their available LI(prims) dedicated and limited to.

It can happen on mainland too, if there are several parcels owned by the same group within the same region.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

What error did you get?

"The region is full" or "Can't rez because owner permissions do not allow" or something like that? Or something entirely different?

But yes in general it is possible to run out of prims for the region even if your own parcel is under the limit. This doesn't just apply to private estate, it can apply to mainland too, if there are several parcels owned by the same group. Take a situation like mine for instance, I have about 10k sq m of mainland all in the same region and owned by the same group. It's split into 6 parcels of varying sizes and the total combined LI allowed is about 3500. But suppose one of my tenants, who has a 1024m parcel with 351m allocated, decides to go over their limit and builds with 650 instead. The system will let them, and it comes out of the group pool. Now if everyone else decides to go up to, but not exceed their own limit, whoever goes last will lose out, because there won't be enough in the group pool, it will be 300 short.  YOU may have plenty but the GROUP does not, so you will get the "region is full" error. The only solution is to remove objects from the parcel that's gone over its limit.

However if you got the "can't rez because permissions don't allow" or something like that, even though you know you have the right group permissions etc - that's a bug with certain mesh objects. The solution here is to rez outside the house, on Linden ground terrain or on a flat, non-mesh prim.

It said the region was full. 

39 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

What error did you get?

I kept getting the message "Region is full". If I took down the set it would let me rez. If I re-rezzed the set, it would say once again that the region was full. 

I'm getting the same message too. I can't rez and I get the message "Unable to create requested object. The region is full."

It's my only plot in the region, on the Mainland, and it isn't full, and nor are any of the ones around it. I can't get any sense out of that stupid Boxy 5000 thing at all but yesterday I managed to get a region restart which cured it at the time, but now it is doing it again.

There used to be an issue related to temp rezzing. Someone could rez so many temp objects that the region limit would be reached, preventing people from rezzing regular objects on their parcels even though there should be space. I didn't mention it before as it was changed and shouldn't be happening, but as more people are having this issue, I wonder if the problem got reintroduced in a rollout.

Either way, I'd suggest any future tickets mention that others are having the same issue in other mainland regions. Sounds like something that needs to be passed up the chain.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:44 AM, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Or could there be something else wrong?

Somebody else might have posted this before, but...   When I have gone on terraforming binges (my partner calls them terrorforming), I soon find I can't rez a damned thing. Can't get dressed, can't do anything. So, I leave home, so to speak, for a few days to let the land calm down again. Have YOU been doing a lot of terraforming?

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 9:27 PM, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Using LL's help desk bot - boxy, I've already had about a dozen regions restarted in the last 24 hours alone. 

They let you use a bot to take care of things? Does that mean you are a really important person or a LL employee? Can we be best friends?  😙

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.