How to Contact Legal Support

Pinely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an idea for a product, but I want to make sure it aligns with Second Life's policies. Due to the nature of the product, it is vague and difficult to decide whether it would be allowed or not. I cannot continue with this project until I get a solid answer whether it is permitted or needs to be adjusted.

I would really appreciate any pointers on who to contact about this. I contacted Customer Support, but they told me to seek "outside legal advice."

Thanks for any help!

8 minutes ago, Pinely said:

I have an idea for a product, but I want to make sure it aligns with Second Life's policies. Due to the nature of the product, it is vague and difficult to decide whether it would be allowed or not. I cannot continue with this project until I get a solid answer whether it is permitted or needs to be adjusted.

I would really appreciate any pointers on who to contact about this. I contacted Customer Support, but they told me to seek "outside legal advice."

Thanks for any help!

What they mean is get your own lawyer and have them compare what you are trying to do with  how it aligns with LL's policies and terms of service, and possible intellectual property issues.

• Like 1

What @Modulated said.

However, given the range of things available on the MP stores assuming you have Adult settings turned on, except for items or descriptions that infringe on someone's IP (usually well-known brands) and anything age-play related, you'd be surprised how lenient SL seems to be.

For example, you don't call or visually design a product that is Harley, Coca Cola, Mickey, etc. Obviously. You don't set up a RP airline called Southwest. Nope. You don't try to create and sell a s#x swing clearly marketed at child avatars. Obviously. But if you do a quick marketplace search for almost anything else, you'll find it.

But if you're unsure, definitely get legal advice. Also, if you're unsure or hesitant, that's probably a fair warning sign as well.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.