Many no-fly zones?

Rachelle Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere; I couldn't find much information about this with a quick search, and certainly not an answer.

I am really wondering why is it that so many shop owners disable flying. In fact, almost every store that I go to these days that has any notable following at all disables it.

And this is doubly weird, considering the only thread I could find on this (which I think is really old) is this one - and oddly, people who replied to this thread seem to be very pro-flying in shops:

So ... what gives?? (Yes I know I can override it, that's not the point)

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's easier to just park in one spot and cam shop?  I always thought flying around stores was kind of a noob thing to do since they may not have figured out how to cam yet.  

I still see plenty of veteran users doing it, actually walking from one vendor to the next, pausing, then continuing, covering the entire event/store.

My guess is they keep their draw distance really low, which might prevent tiny things from rendering from long cam distances.

10 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I still see plenty of veteran users doing it, actually walking from one vendor to the next, pausing, then continuing, covering the entire event/store.

My guess is they keep their draw distance really low, which might prevent tiny things from rendering from long cam distances.

Don't know about that since I keep my draw at 32 even when camming from the neighboring region at busy events and I see things perfectly fine.  

You've seen the answer in the other thread. Owners believe it will force people to explore, not really getting that people shop and explore for fun, so will just leave if it gets frustrating. Like getting stuck in rocks all the time because the owner never tried actually walking around.

When everything is close and easy to navigate, people will walk or cam anyway. Excessive numbers of people flying is usually a sign that it's a terrible place to walk or cam. But instead of fixing the issues, owners just ban flying.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.