the age of the SL user - I wonder who are the oldest ?

tingelater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello i happen to know a few Secondlife users whom in RealLife are quite mature aged, and I wonder if there are more and if it is known who is the eldest user amongst us.

That said, I am WELL aware that some people PRETEND to be a certain age that they aren't really according to their RL birth certificate ....

I know of two - whom i know for a fact are well over 80 years in Real Life. the eldest one turns 90 quite soon.

That made me think if there are anyone older than 90 RL?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tingelater said:

I know of two - whom i know for a fact are well over 80 years in Real Life. the eldest one turns 90 quite soon.

That made me think if there are anyone older than 90 RL?

That is so cool. I have met people in their 70s in SL but definitely nobody in those age groups. That is really great to hear.

• Like 8

I have aged well and truly in SL started in my 30s and am now 50 and I do not know how that happened. I have had customer service interactions with people over 70 a few times, more so lately than anyone would have admitted in the past possibly? When I started SL everyone was apparently 19 so much so that it became a joke. I am so long here I remember that people actually asked A/S/L as soon as you landed anywhere, I was so late to the internet I did not even know what it meant.

• Like 10

The RL tab of my profile says that I'm a grandmother, but I may not be as old as someone reading that might think. I've come to realize recently that people think of someone being around their own grandparents' age when they hear someone is a grandparent.  I retired early - in my early 50's - to stay home and watch grandkids during the day, and I'm not quite old enough yet to start collecting social security.  I turned 63 this past summer.   I've been inworld since 2014.  

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

The RL tab of my profile says that I'm a grandmother, but I may not be as old as someone reading that might think. I've come to realize recently that people think of someone being around their own grandparents' age when they hear someone is a grandparent.  I retired early - in my early 50's - to stay home and watch grandkids during the day, and I'm not quite old enough yet to start collecting social security.  I turned 63 this past summer.   I've been inworld since 2014.  

You can start collecting (at a reduced rate) at 62.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You can start collecting (at a reduced rate) at 62.

Yeah, I remembered that just after I submitted my comment above.  I'm going to try and hold out until 65 at the earliest, hopefully until I'm 66...  but hopes are a bit dimmer than they used to be. 

• Like 3

RL dude, 47. Barely a year and a half here in SL. Also hanging around in Open Sim... which I like slightly more than SL haha... but back to this side. 

Been waffling for years whether to join SL or not. Read about how interesting the place was but always wrote it off... until April of 2021. IDK. I think I'll be here until everything breaks down or the whole thing gets a graphical upgrade to the Vulkan API or something.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

The opposite analysis would also be interesting.  Who is the youngest member of SL calculated as (RL-age minus SL-age).  I wonder how many would be less the legal minimum...  I know I was, but then I'm a serial age-rule breaker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Over 50, that's my story and I'm stuck with it~!

I think it's funny how many people freak out when they find out, too. I've met people in their 20s who don't seem to understand how it's even possible that they met me online and I'm so "old", and yet still "cool" and relatable somehow. I tell them it's something you learn how to do when you get old, trick young people into thinking you're cool, smart, and might have ideas that are worth a dern.

XD

Doesn't mean I trust anyone under 30, though.

XD

Most of my real friends in SL are older than I am IRL, which suits me fine, too. Even when I was really a kid I preferred hanging out with people older than myself. Kids my age all seemed like idiots.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.