login problems

Estrambotica75

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm having trouble consistently logging in to Second Life. Sins I have updated to second viewer The login takes about twice as long as it should, and once everything finally gets loaded, I'm floating in an underwater void with nothing around me, and my avatar is invisible. I can't move, access anything, or teleport, and eventually it logs me out as if I had disconnected.

6 answers to this question

Launch your viewer but don't log in.  Open your preferences and on the "General" tab near the middle of the dialog you'll see a box showing your start location, make sure the little box next to that box is checked (Show on login screen).  Next go to the "Setup" tab and click the reset button to clear your cache.......OK out of the pop-up and quit the viewer.  Shut down your computer and then unplug your modem from it's electrical source (if you have a router, unplug that too).........leave them unplugged for 3 to 5 mins then plug them back in.   Once the lights settle to their normal blinking routine boot your computer back up and launch your viewer again.  When you get to the log in screen you'll see a new box at the bottom of the screen that is labeled "Start up location".........type in that box one of these sims:  Pooley, Aqua, or Smith.  Then log in.  You'll log into an underwater sim maintained by LL.  There is limited scripts and next to no prims......it's a low lag sim.  The only thing to do right away is to move a few steps away from the landing point so you don't get landed on by other avatars who might be arriving.  Open your sidebar and go to your inventory.  In the search box type slowly the letters A, B, C, etc until your inventory starts loading.........then let it load completely.  Once that is done TP back home or your normal log in location.  You're problem should be fixed.  If not let us know and we'll try to come up with something else..........if you do need more help, include your computer specs.

Use edit to add to your initial post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.