adjusting for hover height

Christina Halpin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, they hop on a poseball, but if they have  hover height, they are not positioned correctly. So I want to adjust for hover height, which means moving them in a straight line. I can find their hover height, and I can collect their "rotation". How do I combine those? This is meant as a general question about converting rotation to a direction. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Christina Halpin said:

So I want to adjust for hover height, which means moving them in a straight line. I can find their hover height, and I can collect their "rotation". How do I combine those?

Unless your poseball has a non-standard orientation, it seems what you're wanting to do is set the avatar's position to currentPosition-<0,0,HoverHeight>;

This is annoying and completely counteracts the solution Hover height is trying to provide. no matter how much you try and push it, SL just doesn't give you enough information about an avatar's visual appearance to accurately position an avatar. At this time the best solution is to give users the tools they have to adjust their position manually.

55 minutes ago, Christina Halpin said:

This is meant as a general question about converting rotation to a direction. Thanks.

See llRot2Fwd() llRot2Left() llRot2Up(), especially the caveat that for unit quaternions (I.E. any rotation returned as a result of standard LSL functions) they are equivalent to left multiplication by a basis vector.

I apparently have a nonstandard position.  If you think of the person as being in a box, hover height affected their position in the box, which was moving them horizontally when the box was horizontal. And currentPosition-<0,0,HoverHeight> lowered the box.

HOWEVER, llRot2Up() seems to be working! Thank you so much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.