Error while uploading mesh - LOD3 Error with dae

Razor Hokkigai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to upload a DAE file, exported from this Blender model:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1toolhjjhPOwm1Ksh4x8x4gT2ERmD7i7G/view?usp=sharing

and always get the error LOD3 Error with dae.

Browsing the logs I can see a few more errors:

2022-10-31T03:52:22Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(1245) LLDAELoader::preprocessDAE : Preprocessing dae file to remove spaces from the names, ids, etc.
2022-10-31T03:52:22Z WARNING #ColladaDom# llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(92) FSdaeErrorHandler::handleWarning : The DOM was unable to create an attribute xmlns:xsi = http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance at line 11.
Probably a schema violation.

2022-10-31T03:52:23Z WARNING #ColladaDom# llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(88) FSdaeErrorHandler::handleError : xmlSAX2Characters: huge text node
2022-10-31T03:52:23Z WARNING #ColladaDom# llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(88) FSdaeErrorHandler::handleError : Failed to load XML document from memory

2022-10-31T03:52:23Z INFO # llprimitive/lldaeloader.cpp(1016) LLDAELoader::OpenFile :  Error with dae - traditionally indicates a corrupt file.

I would very much thank you for your help.

Unfortunately Razor this model of a sword is not designed to be used for real time rendering in any game engine, let alone SL.   When modifiers have been applied it gives a triangle count of 2,406,144.

For Second Life (or any other game) you would need to create a much lower poly version of the Blade, Handle and Scabbard, say 10,000 (or less  :) ) triangles for all 3 objects and then bake out a High to low poly normal map to reproduce all the finer details. Probably using a cage.

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.