Anyone else using AI art programs to modify their SL images?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some posts on the "Next Theme" thread lead me to NightCafe AI.  Took me a while, but I eventually realized that one of their options allows you to modify your own images.

Anyone else play with that, or any other AI generating thingie programs?

I attach two of them that I've done as examples. 

A Bear Visits a Fox.jpg

My SL Photo through Nightcafe ai.jpg

Edited by PJBear
change thingies to programs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PJBear said:

Some posts on the "Next Theme" thread lead me to NightCafe AI.  Took me a while, but I eventually realized that one of their options allows you to modify your own images.

Anyone else play with that, or any other AI generating thingie?

I attach two of them that I've done as examples. 

A Bear Visits a Fox.jpg

My SL Photo through Nightcafe ai.jpg

I sense a little bit of Picasso, very lovely images!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Not sure what goes on with the "AI" Image things but it is kinda fun nonetheless. Especialy when you just enter a couple keywords and let it decide what to create. Never tried it with a SL image though

Oh, the thing I'm specifically referring to in my post is an option on Nightcafe AI. I'm not sure if other AI's have anything similar.  This option allows you to upload an image you took in Second Life (or any image), then choose a picture already on Nightcafe AI, and have the AI make a third image based on these two images.  

The first picture I posted above in this thread is the result of mixing an SL image with a Nightcafe image. The image of people in a cafe in this post is an image that was on Nightcafe, and I mixed it with a picture I took inside SL (the woman standing next to a fox below).

Second picture I posted in the first post in thread is based on another image I took inside SL, mixed with the third image I've added to this post (last image in this post). 

Sorbete de frambuesa.jpg

example from SL.jpg

Self Portrait.jpg

Edited by PJBear
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I sense a little bit of Picasso, very lovely images!

Thanks!    Yeah, I see that in both.

In my second image there's a kind of Picasso "Starry Night" effect going on with the second one.  Neat how aspects of one artist (Picasso) can be seen in another (Van Gogh).  The image I used is one of Van Gogh's "Self Portraits".

First image kind looks like it was mixed with Picasso's "Field of Poppies". 

Edited by PJBear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PJBear said:

Oh, the thing I'm specifically referring to in my post is an option on Nightcafe AI. I'm not sure if other AI's have anything similar.  This option allows you to upload an image you took in Second Life (or any image), then choose a picture already on Nightcafe AI, and have the AI make a third image based on these two images.  

The first picture I posted above in this thread is the result of mixing an SL image with a Nightcafe image. The image of people in a cafe in this post is an image that was on Nightcafe, and I mixed it with a picture I took inside SL (the woman standing next to a fox below).

Second picture I posted in the first post in thread is based on another image I took inside SL, mixed with the third image I've added to this post (last image in this post). 

Sorbete de frambuesa.jpg

example from SL.jpg

Self Portrait.jpg

Pretty cool stuff. Kinda make me wonder the future of amatuer artists in a way. I watch alot of music videos on youtube where the input the lyrics and AI makes the art - wild stuff and a bit scary at times too!

• Like 3

I've peeked at them since I'm in that field, and just today was reading an article about a new exhibition being staged, and do feel that some of what's being created certainly is art (I had a long discussion about that in the forums).

I have a full traditional studio at my home, as well as a suite of digital tools (including a massive Wacom tablet) for doing the same thing digitally, so don't need those sort of things, but am happy that they exist as it challenges the notions of what art is and moves us forward as artists. Interesting. I'm reading and watching.

IAI art still needs input and direction from a human, as do music generation AIs, but I do wonder what the next decade will bring.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing with using AI to transform profile pics into "other" worlds. Here are some examples that I have done for my friends. The left most picture is taken in SL. The middle pic is AI's take on a "real world" version while the right most pic is the "anime" version.

esme-3.png

jeannie-3.png

Edited by Aldwyn Beaumont
Adding more details
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.