Color Discrepancy

carrieanne755

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

There might be three reasons why it doesn't match:

1) They didn't match from the start. In that case you're out of luck.
2) Your windlight is messing with the seam between head and body. Try switching to a different windlight and it might be fixed.
3) Some older heads and bodies require you to use the 'fade' on the neck to hide the otherwise visible seams. Try enabling it.

Edited by PekeNL
  • Like 1

So I was told from the stores i was purchasing from I was using BoM and Appliers and need to pick one. I was frustrated last night so I will try to elaborate. 

I bought the Maitreya Body from their store.

I bought the LAQ head. Then went back to LAQ and bought body skin and face skin. I am supposed to have all the stuff to fix the problem. I think it's user error...lol. 

Could you explain how to change the windlight? Thank you both for helping! I will figure this so help me god.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, carrieanne755 said:

So I was told from the stores i was purchasing from I was using BoM and Appliers and need to pick one. I was frustrated last night so I will try to elaborate. 

I bought the Maitreya Body from their store.

I bought the LAQ head. Then went back to LAQ and bought body skin and face skin. I am supposed to have all the stuff to fix the problem. I think it's user error...lol. 

Could you explain how to change the windlight? Thank you both for helping! I will figure this so help me god.

Could  you post a screenshot of the neck area, so we can see where the head and body skin connect? It's usually pretty easy to tell if it's a skin or a lighting problem.

• Thanks 1

Two things...Make sure the Materials is off on both the head and body.  There are sliders on Maitreya on the HUD for this.  I'm sure the head has some also.

Put the body skin on first and them the head skin.  Some head skins include a fade that goes down the neck for people who use other body skins.  If you put the head skin on first, it often leaves a line where the fade ends and the body skin starts.   So always...body skin then head skin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.