An Advent Calendar or 12 Days that will work in 2022?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So the very popular one prim advent calendar that so many folks used broke last year. Change in scripting I am guessing. I put out my items by hand. Can those of you that had a working calendar last year recommend one?  Aside from warning folks about the one that no longer works, it was difficult to tell what the actual choices might be. 

Thanks. 

At the risk of sounding solicitous, you could always commission someone to write one for you. The only "hard" parts about that script would be using llDetectedTouchUV or similar to map a single prim face to several 'buttons' and assosiating each button with that day's gift.

25 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

At the risk of sounding solicitous, you could always commission someone to write one for you. The only "hard" parts about that script would be using llDetectedTouchUV or similar to map a single prim face to several 'buttons' and assosiating each button with that day's gift.

Yes, I know that BUT since the one so many people used broke last year it just seem == well obvious, that someone would fill that void. Unless I find one which seems pretty iffy I will just do 12 days and change things out manually at NOON.  That's as much as I am willing to do. It IS supposed to be fun and not work.  Not offended by your comment :D.   Just scratching head why there isn't something out there people can easily buy and use. Seems like it might be a meager Advent season this year. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just scratching head why there isn't something out there people can easily buy and use. Seems like it might be a meager Advent season this year. 

There likely is, but you have to remember that the folks that participate in these forums are a very, very small slice of the SL population.  Very possible that your post just hasn't been seen by the right person.

Maybe add a post to the WANTED section.  I know that there are plenty of people that only read certain parts of the forums.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There likely is, but you have to remember that the folks that participate in these forums are a very, very small slice of the SL population.  Very possible that your post just hasn't been seen by the right person.

Maybe add a post to the WANTED section.  I know that there are plenty of people that only read certain parts of the forums.

Yes, understand but I have searched the marketplace and search and even Google and just even for scripts and found nothing.   Not worrying about it any longer. Not that important. Thanks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
wrong word. Off to bed
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 4:58 PM, Chic Aeon said:

So the very popular one prim advent calendar that so many folks used broke last year. Change in scripting I am guessing. I put out my items by hand. Can those of you that had a working calendar last year recommend one?  Aside from warning folks about the one that no longer works, it was difficult to tell what the actual choices might be. 

Thanks. 

Oh no was it the Alicia Stella Designs calendar that I've been using for like 9 years? 😬

1 hour ago, Jadziyah Nova said:

Oh no was it the Alicia Stella Designs calendar that I've been using for like 9 years? 😬

Well it was the one with various choices of looks, one prim and you could add your own textures. But if yours worked last year then probably not. Not sure who made it but it was one of the most popular around. Many broke last year. I put out things each day and that was a pain. So 12 Days for me :D.  Good luck. Bad when you can't test until December 1 ^^,  The calendar says the maker is Valerie Sockington,  So beware.   I am guessing it had something to do with the change in scripting so that you had to use UUID avatar key and not "name".  Not a script person.  

image.png.e2b839299ad87a102852af7c9c7f1592.png

On 11/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Well it was the one with various choices of looks, one prim and you could add your own textures. But if yours worked last year then probably not. Not sure who made it but it was one of the most popular around. Many broke last year. I put out things each day and that was a pain. So 12 Days for me :D.  Good luck. Bad when you can't test until December 1 ^^,  The calendar says the maker is Valerie Sockington,  So beware.   I am guessing it had something to do with the change in scripting so that you had to use UUID avatar key and not "name".  Not a script person.  

image.png.e2b839299ad87a102852af7c9c7f1592.png

Yeah that's the Alicia Stella one. Gosh this is unfortunate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.