Missing Inventory Items, usual solutions not working

Darra Lavendel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I logged on to V2 today and  I came up not only ruthed, but over half my inventory items gone. It would not load more than around 4,000 items.

Since I know the usual way to fix that is to clear cache and relog, I did that. I cleared visible cache, went in to preferences and cleared all cache there, too, and logged back in on to the Cyclops sim.

So, I clicked the inventory tab and selected "recent". It said "Fetching 1,468 items - Since Logoff." It did not start at 0 like it should. Upon waiting about 10 minutes it stopped fetching....

The only solutions I know of are the "clear cache and relog" option and the "go on another viewer" option.

Clearing cache and relogging no longer works, and frankly, I don't like the layout of other viewers. I hate the circle dropdown menu thing and I also hate the mixy local chat function thing.

I dunno... that's besides the point I suppose. Is there any other solution I do not know of I can try?

Hi Darra.

Have you tried to clear cache from outside the viewer? That seems to be more effective than using the clear button in prefs.

LoveAngeL Lyre have a good explanation on how to do that here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/Every-time-I-log-on-I-m-a-cloud-Extended/qaq-p/932771/comment-id/3305

Try her suggestions and see if it helps.

- Luc -

1.In addition to the above, if you use different viewers, make sure each viewer has its own cache. I use several TPVs as well as Viewer2. All their caches reside in seperate folders on my Windows desktop and I clear the contents of each when I upgrade. Inventory problens are few & far between, but that being said Viewer2 seems to have more problems in this area than all the others combined.

2. Try searching in the inventory window for 'a', then 'i', then the rest of the vowels. This often speeds up inventory loads.

3. If all else fails, try a clean install: uninstall Viewer 2 and delete any files anf cache associated with it, then reinstall it.

One of the above should get your inventory back. There have been a couple of times recently when Viewer 2 seems totally borked and even after getting my inventory back I will have to rebuild my Avi so be prepared for anything ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. This has been a problem for years and LL seems unable to address it. If you use a TPV, LL will tell you to switch to their viewer. If you use an official viewer thye tell you to clear your cache or do a clean install. I had hoped with the introduction of Viewer 2 that invnetory problems would be eliminated. Quite the opposite in fact I sometimes log in to find my Avi Ruthed and large parts of inventory absent. The upside is your 10K of items is still in the system. All you have to do is find the correct technique for this particular instance to retrieve them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.