How to stop media player from appearing?

Olivia Rizzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a building that is made from separate linked parts and is editable.

When I hover my mouse over one of the walls the media player bar appears in my viewer (it sort of hovers over the wall). The bar has a home and reload button, and on the right it has a zoom button and volume control.

If I click on the wall the texture gets replaced with a blank grey.

To stop it I can click the media 'pause' button in my viewer.

There does not seem to be any script inside the object. Why is it showing the media player and how can I remove this? It is my own parcel and there is nothing in the Media tab (it is set to None and with no texture)

8 minutes ago, Olivia Rizzo said:

I found the answer was to use llClearPrimMedia()

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlClearPrimMedia

Right, that's the scripted way to do it, and as you've seen, it operates on object media ("Media On A Prim") instead of parcel media, which are two distinct things. You can also use the build tool editor to do it all in the viewer, no script required.

Either way, the little media controller in the upper right corner can help find the object on which the media is playing (sometimes there's media sound but it's not obvious where it's coming from) :

image.png.73ddf74b9e43045ec4bb6c5743bf5d11.png

and then clearing the media from that object is a matter selecting the right face, choosing "Media" rather than Materials from the Texture tab, and pressing "Remove":

image.png.265f644d29a10a8fd7f3371bdedcab9f.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, Qie Niangao said:

Either way, the little media controller in the upper right corner can help find the object on which the media is playing

That's good to know thank you! Somehow i didn't see this when i selected the object but probably it was on a face i could not click on or something strange

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.