Linkset on main grid cannot be scaled down

arisaie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a linkset object with 7.4, 3.8, 0.5 bounding box and I am unable to scale it down on main grid. 

I can scale the object down from identical dae files on beta grid. The link numbers are the same on main and beta grid. Trying to scale it down with Shift+ctrl + drag in edit mode. I can scale it up.

Any idea why?

Edited by arisaie

23 hours ago, arisaie said:

I have a linkset object with 7.4, 3.8, 0.5 bounding box and I am unable to scale it down on main grid.

The bounding box of the linkset as a whole doesn't matter, it's the one for each part of it. So, if one part is 0.1 cm in size along any axis you wn't be able to scale down the linkset.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

The boudnign box of the linkset as a whole doesn't matter, it's the one for each part of it. So, if one part is 0.1 cm in size along any axis you wn't be able to scale down the linkset.

I figured it out as to why it works on beta grid and not on the main grid according to what you mentioned. You were correct.

On beta grid I left the logo as 0.1, 0.1, 0.1 cube. On main grid I squished the logo cube on y axis to 0.01. That is why I was unable to scale it down on main grid.

When making the lenght on y axis back to 0.1, I am able to scale the object down properly now.

Thank you!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.