Could use some tips on the new Avatar Physics UI

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Finally got around to playing with my bewbs last night...errrr, breast physics...and is it just me that sees this as a terrible interface?

How can you adjust your physical movement when you go into appearance mode and are locked into a T-Pose?

Is this just sort of trial and error or is there a better way to do this that I am not getting? 

And please do not send me a link to a Torley Linden video. Sorry Torley, nothing against you personally, I was never a big fan of Sesame Street either.  :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Trial and error mostly, in my case.   I found it helpful to start by seeing what the various free full perms Phoenix ones did, then, starting with one I liked as a base, tweaking the various parameters to see what works and what doesn't.

In my experience, at least, you really do need to experiment quite a bit -- what looks OK when you're walking about can look really odd when going up some stairs, for example.  

• Lindens

@Chelsea No offense taken. Besides, I'm more of a Muppets fan myself. It's not easy being green and pink, you know? ;)

Another useful tip that's overlooked is to change your camera so that you see the front of your avatar as you're walking, jumping, and doing other stuff inworld so you have a better idea how others are seeing you:

Front View-1.png

@Torley:  Thanks so much for that very useful tip.  I had no idea those settings were there.  It will save me hours, since I'll no longer have to keep panning the camera to see my front.

@Chelsea:  If you right click on the name of the physics layer on the My Outfits tab on the Outfits tab and then click on Edit Outfit, you can edit the Physics Layer without going into appearnance mode.  You can change a setting and leave the edit window open while you test the effect.  It sometimes helps to have a looping animation that you can just leave running.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.