Premium and Mainland Tier Adjustments????

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In Lab gab, Patch mentioned Premium and Mainland Tier adjustments, but did not define what they are. So, of course, I am curious.

I am guessing that Premium Tier adjustments mean we can choose to buy some features (like more groups or free uploads, etc) for a fixed monthly fee per feature. If that is the case, how will this effect Premium and Premium Plus? Will Premium Plus be a better bargain that selecting all of the ala-carte features offered? Or will it work out to the same price?  Also, will there be some features not offered in Premium Plus that PP members will have to purchase separately if they want them?

I am guessing that mainland tier adjustments means there will be more tier steps between the existing levels. Like maybe something in between 1/4 region and 1/2 region - like maybe 3/8 of a region.

Is that the sort of thing that Premium and Mainland Tier adjustments mean? or is it something else?

9 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

In Lab gab, Patch mentioned Premium and Mainland Tier adjustments, but did not define what they are. So, of course, I am curious.

I am guessing that Premium Tier adjustments mean we can choose to buy some features (like more groups or free uploads, etc) for a fixed monthly fee per feature. If that is the case, how will this effect Premium and Premium Plus? Will Premium Plus be a better bargain that selecting all of the ala-carte features offered? Or will it work out to the same price?  Also, will there be some features not offered in Premium Plus that PP members will have to purchase separately if they want them?

I am guessing that mainland tier adjustments means there will be more tier steps between the existing levels. Like maybe something in between 1/4 region and 1/2 region - like maybe 3/8 of a region.

Is that the sort of thing that Premium and Mainland Tier adjustments mean? or is it something else?

If you listen to the video of the chat, Grumpity and Patch get fairly specific about all this at the very start of the video.

They are going to be introducing a less expensive level of Premium, for one thing, and for another, they are going to allow Premium Plus users to buy homestead regions without being required to own a full region first. They also stated that the changes to Mainland tier pricing will mean that at the higher levels, it won't be as expensive to move up from one level to the next; the jump between levels will be less drastic. 

These changes are all planned to happen next month.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:08 PM, Teresa Firelight said:

From the get-go when they first bruited about the Premium Ploos concept, they said it would be "a la carte". So it won't be a surprise if it becomes that way, hopefully with flexibility.

I'm hoping they will add in "free search place ads" as a feature to choose from.

The flattening of the "jump between tiers" has been sought for 18 years. I hope they do it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.