On viewer 2 my avatar textures fail to load when wearing multiple tattoos.

Greene Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This has been happening on every version of viewer two. I've been trying to switch over from Phoenix but this is kind of a game ender for me. After going down to just one tattoo the problem seems to go away. Is there a solution? If not then is there a jiira?

Notes: I'm on cable, I've tried manually clearing the cache, my drivers are up to date.

Hardware: eMachines Desktop / ET Series / ET1331G

eMachines Desktop PC:
  • AMD Athlon II X2 dual-core processor 250U
    1.6 GHz, 2MB Total Cache
  • 4GB (2 x 2048MB) DDR2 dual-channel memory (expandable to 8GB)
    Enough memory to handle today's most memory-hungry applications
  • 750GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive
    Store your music, videos, photos and documents with plenty of space to spare
  • 16X DVD Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    Play and create CDs and DVDs with this double-layer DVD/CD burner drive
  • Wired Ethernet
    Connect the eMachines Desktop PC to a broadband modem with 10/100 Ethernet LAN
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE integrated graphics

Software:

• Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2 answers to this question

This is a bug that I hope will be fixed soon. So far, all you can do is take off the tattoo layers - one by one - until the textures rez. Then you can try to attach the tattoos again. If you have modify tattoos, you should not have problems.

I filed a jira for this issue a while back, and it is being looked into by the Lindens.

ETA. Here's the jira, and more info about the issue. Please add your comments to the jira, and make sure you watch it.

- Luc -

• Like 1

If you're familiar with Phoenix but have been planning to move because you want the new V2 features, you might want to give Firestorm a try.  The Phoenix team just released their beta this week >>> http://www.phoenixviewer.com/ .  It seems very stable and it supports the V2 functions that you may have been hoping for.  I haven't had any reason to test its tattoo layer yt, but you may find that it doesn't share V2's bug.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.