Changing Profile Image on Dashboard unavailable

guardianx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a notice I want to ask others to test if it is possible to change your profile image /photo on your Dashboard (on the web)

On more than one account I have tried to see if it is adjustable and the only thing I get is the following text (instead of the usual option to upload):

To change your profile picture, log into Second Life and select: Me > Profile > Edit Profile

After almost 10 years , this is the first time it is not possible and I have tested it with multiple accounts and multiple browers. Yet there is no upload button to do so.

And indeed I am firmly logged in :)

Edited by guardianx

Thank you for your feedback Whirly Fizzle,.. I hope this is not permanent.... but that would digitally s#ck bigtime if this is a choice Linden Lab would have made,.. 

which does not even make sense, since this would seriously upset almost everyone who cares about Second Life. I pray Linden Lab is wise enough to fix this, otherwise we have to make work of some serious complaining,.. it is unacceptable that we would not be able to share what we want anymore. That would be censorship of our Profile ID

Edited by guardianx
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, guardianx said:

Thank you for your feedback Whirly Fizzle,.. I hope this is not permanent.... but that would digitally s#ck bigtime if this is a choice Linden Lab would have made,.. 

which does not even make sense, since this would seriously upset almost everyone who cares about Second Life. I pray Linden Lab is wise enough to fix this, otherwise we have to make work of some serious complaining,.. it is unacceptable that we would not be able to share what we want anymore. That would be censorship of our Profile ID

You can use the SL viewer and upload a.pic to your profile.directly from your HD at no cost just as you used to be able on the website.  I believe Firestorm will be updating theirs as well.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.