Have the Sunset/rise colours changed?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This may not be a topic that many care about but I have always liked the way the reflections in the SL sea shade from white through gold to red at sunset and the reverse at Sunrise.  When EEP was introduced some two years ago the Moon became all but invisible until well risen and well before setting and the fiery colours in the see at moonset seems most incongruous.

I only noticed a few days ago that those colours of reflections had changed again and now both sun and moon rise and set with silvery/white reflections on the SLsea.  I have had several others say the same and one said the changes tied in with the change in the rendering code that returned viewer FPS to something like Windlight days. 

(It also introduced several other bugs which have been much talked about elsewhere.)

So is this something peculiar to me or Firestorm, I'd like to know other folks' experience, suggestions (sensible ones only please!) and advice.  Thankyou.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling...I kan't spel

Yes, Whirly, I have little doubt that it is an EEP bug, but it's a new-ish one and neither of the ones you quote seem applicable to this phenomenon...hmm can I use the word "phenomenon" when it is patently NOT a natural but a virtual occurrence?

• 2 weeks later...

This issue has been discussed with LL and they are aware that some unwanted changes have recently introduced to water reflections which manifest at SL sunrise and sunset.

The solution is being sought at LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.