Recommended groups to increase traffic?

Dean Claremont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

Do you know any recommended groups where I could promote my apparel store.

I was thinking of hiring a DJ who has followers that will come to his gig
and to throw a pool party in front of the store.

Thanks in advance
Dean Claremont 

Edited by Quartz Mole
Removed LM and Flickr link

13 hours ago, Dean Claremont said:

I was thinking of hiring a DJ who has followers that will come to his gig
and to throw a pool party in front of the store.

Check out our Flickr:
[advertisement]
Landmark:
[advertisement]

The problem with you solution... the visitors will leave as soon the DJ does, and go to the next party.

Best advertising is make happy customers.
Spam groups for advertising ... they only have the spammers as members, not your wanted visitors.

• Like 3

Thanks Alwin for your comment.

People don't live in any store, so they don't have to stay,.
They just have to come and see the store and be aware of it.
Check out and buy what they like or don't if they don't like it.
That's what all the brands do, so there is no problem with that solution.

My customers are happy so there is no problem with that as well.
Spam is not what we do, so no need to comment on that.

Alwin is right. Promotion groups for merchants only contain people who want to post notices about their own products, not people who actually want to buy things. The best promotional thing I've ever done is sign up as a store for events. It's a win all round. People get to see my shop, I make money (rather than spending it) and it's fun. Beats advert boards and the like.

There's nothing wrong with having parties for fun, but view it as that rather than as a promotional thing.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 5:45 PM, Polenth Yue said:

Alwin is right. Promotion groups for merchants only contain people who want to post notices about their own products, not people who actually want to buy things. The best promotional thing I've ever done is sign up as a store for events. It's a win all round. People get to see my shop, I make money (rather than spending it) and it's fun. Beats advert boards and the like.

There's nothing wrong with having parties for fun, but view it as that rather than as a promotional thing.

Sign up as a store for events? How I do that? please, would you explain to me how to do that? is there a website, group where I can sign up?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Fergie Finesmith said:

Sign up as a store for events? How I do that? please, would you explain to me how to do that? is there a website, group where I can sign up?

Thanks in advance!

Some (a few) groups let you apply for entry. You can look at Seraphim to find weekend groups especially that will let you "join". Note that this is ADVERTISING AND IS NOT THE LEAST BIT FREE (yes caps LOL).   The other option for clothes would be things like Free Dove and Fab Free.  Joining those freebie groups will likely get you some traffic.  I don't know if they are free for creators or not.  

You can also give away free things and get coverage on your gift at both Seraphim and teleporthub.com (it's free). So personally I would go with that business model at least to start. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Some (a few) groups let you apply for entry. You can look at Seraphim to find weekend groups especially that will let you "join". Note that this is ADVERTISING AND IS NOT THE LEAST BIT FREE (yes caps LOL).   The other option for clothes would be things like Free Dove and Fab Free.  Joining those freebie groups will likely get you some traffic.  I don't know if they are free for creators or not.  

You can also give away free things and get coverage on your gift at both Seraphim and teleporthub.com (it's free). So personally I would go with that business model at least to start. 

Ooh thank you so much! I'll chek Seraphin website!

1 hour ago, Fergie Finesmith said:

Thanks in advance!

The official Shop and Hops run by the Lindens are advertised on their blog, though those are harder to get into (also getting into one doesn't mean you'll get into the next). They run several times a year, are free to sign up, and you have to offer discounts and a free gift. Halloween is currently running. Keep an eye on the blog for the Christmas one opening up for applications. https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/blog/4-featured-news/

Most other events have their own websites and groups. There are a lot of yearly charity events. They have a fee for taking part. You usually need to have two new items to sell for charity. Some of these get more visitors than others. Fantasy Faire is the biggest one for me, which usually opens for applications early in the year (to run in late April). https://fantasyfairesl.wordpress.com/

There are also a bunch of monthly shopping events, but I don't do those. They usually have a fee for taking part and will often ask for a new item to be sold.

Good preparation for these events is to make sure you have a Google account that you're comfortable using for Second Life (a lot of events use Google forms for signups) and to put aside some of the new things you make for the required items. For most events, you can sell these normally afterwards (exclusive usually means for the duration of the event, not forever, but do read the small print). Also, go visit shopping events to see how they run and if they're getting customers. You can search for their websites or join their groups from there.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

The official Shop and Hops run by the Lindens are advertised on their blog, though those are harder to get into (also getting into one doesn't mean you'll get into the next). They run several times a year, are free to sign up, and you have to offer discounts and a free gift. Halloween is currently running. Keep an eye on the blog for the Christmas one opening up for applications. https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/blog/4-featured-news/

Most other events have their own websites and groups. There are a lot of yearly charity events. They have a fee for taking part. You usually need to have two new items to sell for charity. Some of these get more visitors than others. Fantasy Faire is the biggest one for me, which usually opens for applications early in the year (to run in late April). https://fantasyfairesl.wordpress.com/

There are also a bunch of monthly shopping events, but I don't do those. They usually have a fee for taking part and will often ask for a new item to be sold.

Good preparation for these events is to make sure you have a Google account that you're comfortable using for Second Life (a lot of events use Google forms for signups) and to put aside some of the new things you make for the required items. For most events, you can sell these normally afterwards (exclusive usually means for the duration of the event, not forever, but do read the small print). Also, go visit shopping events to see how they run and if they're getting customers. You can search for their websites or join their groups from there.

Thank you so much, I'll check later!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.