Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

More like "royal pee", which would explain their obsession with moaning about "le LOO tka".

What's the problem with leL0°tka? They're the supreme brand. I'm literally a lelo0tka fan boy. I swear by their superiority. 

Edited by Midnoot

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

What's the problem with leL0°tka? They're the supreme brand. I'm literally a lelo0tka fan boy. I swear by their superiority. 

That's why you keep mis-spelling the name? And posted a peeve about their free heads looking weird, and started a thread to complain about them giving away free heads, right?

Because you're a "fan boy".

Mhmmm...

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Peeve:

We don't :

Ever leave our sim,

Ever enable voice chat,

Ever update our avatars beyond what we had in 2003,

Ever try new features,

Ever spend money in SL.

Yet feel that our opinions mean ANYTHING in the forums that we vehemently dominate.

Then you should get out more, spend some money and update your avatar.  😁

I do everything on your list aside from use voice.  Been here 15+ years and haven't felt the need for it except for a handful of times.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That's why you keep mis-spelling the name? And posted a peeve about their free heads looking weird, and started a thread to complain about them giving away free heads, right?

Because you're a "fan boy".

Mhmmm...

Peeve:

I think you're confused   . I also mentioned owning like 10 of them .

And if they're weird , it's because people leaving them default. But since they can be molded into masterpieces,  they're number 1 to me.

And that thread from a thousand years ago was a question , asking why they chose that strategy. An attempt to understand .

You're really good at misinterpreting everything someone says.

Also. Lol @ the misspelling . Have you seen my name? It's derivation of Midnutka.

Edited by Midnoot

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Pride month is here, cue all the haters complaining about Pride month.

Which is worse, haters or apathy? Haters, yeah, but I hated that last year when I was still working in a large multinational—which did a lot of stuff for Pride, including having a booth and a float at the event and having special stuff all through Pride month—no one in my area GAF. Not even the young ones. Just like every year before that. I did not have to deal with open hostility, people seemed to just not care at all. Ofc, same with almost everyone during Black History Month; we had almost no Black people in my whole area, and they and a few of us white people were the only ones who were interested.

Speaking to haters though, here is a great example from where I live. I have not followed local media in years, and am not on Facebook, so I generally do not see the hate from a wide swath of the community against queer people and events, such as hating on Pride*.

However, we recently had an influx of new fans of our WNBA team (poor Caitlyn 😢), and wow, the comments on the Instagram post about Pride Day!! Just what you would expect, rampant queer hate, with lots of them saying, "Well, you lost me as a fan!!!" We had a lot of pushback against those comments, ofc, but wow, to have the hate thrown in my world again after avoiding it for so long was not fun.

*No surprise, the same thing happens for Black History Month, and for a big event here called Black Expo. In the past I did interact with people who sneered, "Why is there no WHITE Expo??" to which I would reply, "There is, it's called the State Fair." Then a lot more people of non-Caucasian descent started going the State Fair, which is awesome! So my new reply became, "Every day in Indiana *is* White Expo."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Pride month is here, cue all the haters complaining about Pride month.

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Pride month is here. Corporations will say the words and not take any meaningful action because every $ is sacred.

1 hour ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Peeve: Pride month is here which means more items to sort and go into my 'Rainbow' folder.

Haters gonna hate.

Corps gonna corp.

Rainbows gonna POP! 🏳️‍🌈

Frakk the Haters & Corps! Happy Pride Everyone! ✌️☮️🫶

(Wears their colours in-world all year round!)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Pride month is here. Corporations will say the words and not take any meaningful action because every $ is sacred.

Performative allyship. OTOH, some companies do show support through their actions and not just their Pride Month PR, including the big multinational I used to work at. The company also has pushed back on several discriminatory actions taken by the state politicians over the years. Their stance probably also has something to do with wanting to keep/attract young employees to this *****hole state, too, and often that is part of their argument against the racist, anti-queer, xenophobic, sexist, and/or misogynistic policies that are popular with our elected state officials.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Haters gonna hate.

Corps gonna corp.

Rainbows gonna POP! 🏳️‍🌈

Frakk the Haters & Corps! Happy Pride Everyone! ✌️☮️🫶

(Wears their colours in-world all year round!)

*looks queer and owns being queer all year round*

I wear a lot of Pride stuff year round, but I also talk about queer stuff as if everyone just sees it as normal. Which around here I think even shocks the people who are not actually anti-queer.

Posted (edited)

Peeve: Why does hard work have to make you so tired?

I Wasn't finished with my yard work yet!! \o/

I forgot to take my vitamins and supplements this morning because I was excited that we had a gap with no rain, so I could finally get out and do yard work.

I got up at 4am, got dressed and went to the barn , jumped on the tractor and grabbed two round bails , one for the horses and one for the cows.. Then came home made breakfast before the  boys got up. Then had some tea and a little something myself..

Looked in here and I think I made a couple of posts. then drove to the house in town and  hand mowed the grass for like 8 hours, because I haven't been able to get to it  because of all the rain.. I cut it on the highest setting . then cut it again on the number two setting. then  went around in a square to gather up the clippings.. then went over it with a bag attachment..

I bet I cut that lawn 6 or 7 times in total.. lol

I'm so tired.. but it's sposed to rain tomorrow and didn't have choice..  Now I was gonna come home and make dinner for the boys.

But my husband said, you look freaking beat, I got them.. He said, do you want anything? just name it.. I said chicago express.. he said , it's on it's way..

That's the only place around that makes anything close to Chicago style hotdog stand foods.. So, that's my silver lining..

I'm so freaking hungry right now and so tired. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Y'all ain't nearly queer enough!

I have lavender hair (recent change, was pink for years before that, and before that a red that does not exist in nature). I have queer pop culture stickers on my iPads and water bottle, and mostly wear some kind of Pride or Pride-adjacent attire/jewelry. Plus talk about queer stuff all the time lol. Does that make me queer enough. maybe? 😉😂😂

Oh, the attire thing reminds me of another story, sorry: I destroyed the suspension in one side of the front end of my car (Pothole Country here) and took it to the dealer to get fixed. The service writer actually took me into the garage for the mechanic to show me how bad it was, I guess to justify the expense. Weird, because I thought customers were never allowed in those areas due to liability. Then again, this dealer was way out in the country, so I guess they do things differently there.

The mechanic was really young, and very nice. However, from his looks, I took him to not really be down with queerness. I was wearing this T-shirt with cartoon cats stacked on top of each other in the colors of a Pride flag.

He took one look at me and said, "Oh, I like your shirt." To which my shocked response was, "Uhh, you do??" And he said, "Yeah, my wife and I love cats." I sort of chuckled and said, "Oh, that's cool, I love cats too! I have 4 of them," and we looked at my wrecked suspension. At least he loved cats, right??

Also, although the car was not a Subie, I did have two dogs and four cats at the time, which is if not queer in itself, is pretty queer indicative (esp of lesbians lol).

2 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I have lavender hair (recent change, was pink for years before that, and before that a red that does not exist in nature). I have queer pop culture stickers on my iPads and water bottle, and mostly wear some kind of Pride or Pride-adjacent attire/jewelry. Plus talk about queer stuff all the time lol. Does that make me queer enough. maybe? 😉😂😂

Peeve: Not nearly enough glitter. * dumps a bucket of glitter on your head *

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies!"

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Why does hard work have to make you so tired?

I Wasn't finished with my yard work yet!! \o/

I forgot to take my vitamins and supplements this morning because I was excited that we had a gap with no rain, so I could finally get out and do yard work.

I got up at 4am, got dressed and went to the barn , jumped on the tractor and grabbed two round bails , one for the horses and one for the cows.. Then came home made breakfast before the  boys got up. Then had some tea and a little something myself..

Looked in here and I think I made a couple of posts. then drove to the house in town and  hand mowed the grass for like 8 hours, because I haven't been able to get to it  because of all the rain.. I cut it on the highest setting . then cut it again on the number two setting. then  went around in a square to gather up the clippings.. then went over it with a bag attachment..

I bet I cut that lawn 6 or 7 times in total.. lol

I'm so tired.. but it's sposed to rain tomorrow and didn't have choice..  Now I was gonna come home and make dinner for the boys.

But my husband said, you look freaking beat, I got them.. He said, do you want anything? just name it.. I said chicago express.. he said , it's on it's way..

That's the only place around that makes anything close to Chicago style hotdog stand foods.. So, that's my silver lining..

I'm so freaking hungry right now and so tired. hehehe

OMG. My guess is that it would be the rare person who could hand mow grass for 8 hours and not be exhausted, or perhaps even in hospital (raises hand as defs being the latter, even after 2 hours probably lol). I mean, I am assuming you mean not even self-propelled lawn mower? I guess at least it wasn't one of the old-school twisty-blade human-powered ones!!

And your husband, wow. Sounds like an awesome partner! 🥰

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not nearly enough glitter. * dumps a bucket of glitter on your head *

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies!"

🙄🙄🙄

OK, sorry to be stereotyping, but this screams 'certain kind of gay man' to me lol, not queerness in general.

And yeah, given that I never think of glitter in any capacity, I never thought of it, but like herpes, glitter is forever ('love comes and goes, but herpes is forever').

Posted (edited)

🙄🙄🙄

OK, sorry to be stereotyping, but this screams 'certain kind of gay man' to me lol, not queerness in general.

Peeve: My response was to:

13 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I have queer pop culture stickers on my iPads and water bottle, and mostly wear some kind of Pride or Pride-adjacent attire/jewelry. Plus talk about queer stuff all the time lol. Does that make me queer enough. maybe? 😉😂😂

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

OMG. My guess is that it would be the rare person who could hand mow grass for 8 hours and not be exhausted, or perhaps even in hospital (raises hand as defs being the latter, even after 2 hours probably lol). I mean, I am assuming you mean not even self-propelled lawn mower? I guess at least it wasn't one of the old-school twisty-blade human-powered ones!!

And your husband, wow. Sounds like an awesome partner! 🥰

The mower has one of those levers that  the front wheels pull it.. but most of the yard is sort of a hill, not real steep but enough to really wear you out..

It's not a big yard.. Maybe half an acre, but it was so long at first.. I know that from now on, no matter how wet has been.. I'm never letting it go that long again.. hehehe

If so, I'm having my husband bring the rider over.. hehehe

And ya, He's a good man :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My response was to:

Yeah, sorry, you still have not convinced me of the virtues of glitter lol. Just. Not. Happening. Bedazzling or any  other sparkly things either. This is a hill on which I will die lol. 😉😂😂😂

ETA: I also have queer pop-culture stickers on several big books that I often lug about, too, if that helps at all.

Edited by CaerolleClaudel
see posts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The mower has one of those levers that  the front wheels pull it.. but most of the yard is sort of a hill, not real steep but enough to really wear you out..

It's not a big yard.. Maybe half an acre, but it was so long at first.. I know that from now on, no matter how wet has been.. I'm never letting it go that long again.. hehehe

If so, I'm having my husband bring the rider over.. hehehe

And ya, He's a good man :)

🥰🥰🥰

Um, yeah, the rider!! I have not moved grass since I was a teenager, but if I ever did, it would have to be on a riding mower (and an electric one at that).

• Like 1