3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Am loving catching up with these posts and appreciating the difference in our language even though we all speak English.

Biscuits though! I had biscuits for breakfast with an all-milk coffee. Not at all a healthy or usual option.

Biscuits to me are sweet treats to be dunked in hot beverages. 

These were the exact ones we had this morning.

Peeve: I only opened the box of biscuits because I thought we were going to get some more in today's supermarket delivery, but they were out of stock.

temp laugh.jpg

You kind of have to grow up around these  gas station breakfast& lunch places around where I am, to really be able to look at the displays and actually order anything.. lol

The biscuits are pretty rough to look at and  you get them split with whatever you want in them.. Egg and ham or bacon and or sausage, things like that.. Or biscuits and gravy, which I really like..

They aren't as bad as they look and I used to get them until I started giving a crap about my health.. lol

I still love getting the biscuits and gravy though.. hehehe

you can get some really good stuff in them too like chicken salad sandwiches and things like that too..

But this is what biscuits and gravy look like.. Just picture the other stuff tucked in there besides the sausage gravy.. lol

Sausage-Gravy-7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You kind of have to grow up around these  gas station breakfast& lunch places around where I am, to really be able to look at the displays and actually order anything.. lol

The biscuits are pretty rough to look at and  you get them split with whatever you want in them.. Egg and ham or bacon and or sausage, things like that.. Or biscuits and gravy, which I really like..

They aren't as bad as they look and I used to get them until I started giving a crap about my health.. lol

you can get some really good stuff in them too like chicken salad sandwiches and things like that too..

But this is what biscuits and gravy look like.. Just picture the other stuff tucked in there besides the sausage gravy.. lol

Sausage-Gravy-7.jpg

That does look rather delicious, substantial and filling. LIke a savoury scone with ... ohhhh I am drooling. 

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Sausage-Gravy-7.jpg

In the US, some gas stations are known for having excellent sandwiches and other food. WaWa is the best example I can think of.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm soo not ready for those things! \o/

My heart breaks just thinking about them  getting older..

Wait till they are older and you can get to know them again as adults.  My kids are in their 40s now, both successful and independent in their own way. They are smart professionals and good parents -- the sort of people I would like to know as friends even if we weren't related. They have lived away from me longer than they were under my roof.  It pleases me no end to see what they have made of themselves. You'll get there too, I'm sure. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Biscuits to me are sweet treats to be dunked in hot beverages. 

I actually prefer your version of biscuits -- though I don't dunk mine.

Our version, IMO, only taste good when completely smothered is a good sausage gravy  -- and I could easily eat just the gravy, totally skipping the biscuit part.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually prefer your version of biscuits -- though I don't dunk mine.

Our version, IMO, only taste good when completely smothered is a good sausage gravy  -- and I could easily eat just the gravy, totally skipping the biscuit part.

I really only like the inside of a biscuit the most.. If they are made right I can eat the whole thing though too..

I like my biscuits I make, but also like my cornbread  more too.. I like things more like cake feel than rock with cake inside.. hehehe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes.

Well, perhaps I can be peeved that I can't help you with peeves, since I haven't any at this moment.  I did briefly this morning when my grocery delivery didn't turn up owing to a glitch in the supermarket's payment system but it was all sorted out within half an hour, and I got to see the cheery young delivery driver in a funny jumper. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Sausage-Gravy-7.jpg

There are some good videos of British people trying biscuits and gravy for the first time.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There are some good videos of British people trying biscuits and gravy for the first time.

To be really fair,  biscuits with gravy are mostly a southern thing in the US. I don't think I encountered them until I was in my 40s and visited a friend's place in Tennessee. It still seems to me like an odd thing to do to a perfectly good biscuit. Biscuits are for butter and jam, or maybe honey. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ya, I think the one I seen was British teens trying different U.S. foods..

If I remember right,  they didn't care for the biscuits and gravy.. hehehe

It's been about a year since I remember seeing it though and could be off a bit..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

To be really fair,  biscuits with gravy are mostly a southern thing in the US. I don't think I encountered them until I was in my 40s and visited a friend's place in Tennessee. It still seems to me like an odd thing to do to a perfectly good biscuit. Biscuits are for butter and jam, or maybe honey. 

Yep. I almost wrote, "Southern" biscuits and gravy. Technically, "sausage gravy". Similar to how "grits" and many other things are regional. (Having lived in mostly Southern states, and seeing biscuits and gravy at what I consider "national" chains, it's easy for me to forget it is regional.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep. I almost wrote, "Southern" biscuits and gravy. Technically, "sausage gravy". Similar to how "grits" and many other things are regional. (Having lived in mostly Southern states, and seeing biscuits and gravy at what I consider "national" chains, it's easy for me to forget it is regional.)

There is biscuits and then the Buttermilk biscuits which I think is what is most common in the south and more breakfast..

Where there is also the dinner biscuits, then also the drop biscuits..

• Like 2